How to get out of the mass? HELP ME !

Started by
2 comments, last by frob 5 years, 5 months ago

Sorry for my writing ,I'm French ,I'm doing my best , I made a game (snow ash land) ,I didn't come here to propose it ,I just came to ask ,according to you ,what are the good techniques to make it known?

I'm alone on the project,so I necessarily have little time for advert ,I tried twitter,instagram,imgur,facebook,facebook,tig source,nothing works,I go up in view horribly slowly,the game was even launched on steam,I make some sales,but very light,everything interesting gives me super positive opinions ,I know myself that the game is serious ambitious ,very far from being a "mini game" but no way to win in sight ,and the press has not responded for weeks ,I am completely devastated ,I made a superb game and no one can see it :( 

Advertisement

Take some of the money you've already made from your game sales and invest in marketing and advertising on google and facebook. You often need to spend money on marketing to get any real value out of it. Just making a bunch of social media posts isn't going to help you.

Also, think very carefully about your marketing message and sales pitch. You might want to get some advice from people who are experts at marketing to help you do it right. Otherwise, you might be wasting your money or not being as effective as you could be. Keep in mind you might be an expert at making good games, but that doesn't make you an expert at marketing and sales ;)

Lastly, you're going to need to treat your marketing efforts like a science experiment: Make a hypothesis, conduct an experiment, measure the results, and see if the hypothesis/assumption was correct or not. You're going to waste some time and money chasing dead ends, but some paths will be fruitful.

Many beginners and startups miss the details about marketing.  Usually the development budget and the marketing budget are roughly equal.  That is, if a game spends 500,000 on making the game, they will often spend 500,000 on marketing the game.  If they spend 50,000,000 developing it, they will spend 50,000,000 marketing it.

if you spent three years developing your project alone, working nights and weekends, expect to spend three years marketing your project working nights and weekends for a similar investment.  Or pay money for a similar rate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement