Any advice for Game graphic studio who look for new partners?

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi. I work as a project manager at a small game graphic outsourcing studio based on Asia.

We have been quite successful in the home country (almost 10 years in this area, have quite of clients)

So now we are trying to extend our partners internationally.

Already built some partnership with Japan game industries,

what I wonder is - how I can start in English speaking industries.

These days I made very long mail lists and sending studio portfolio & cover letters to industries.

Sometimes get positive answers, but it doesn't feel like productive enough.

Is there some websites like Indeed or LinkedIn for outsourcing studio like us?

It seems most of jobseeker sites are for the individual freelancer.

It would be great if you give me any advice. Thank you.

Advertisement

I'm interested in this as well, but from the perspective of finding studios to outsource to. I've seen studios posting their work on sites like ArtStation, Sketchfab and Polycount, but there's no easy way to search for them specifically, so you have to sort of wander into them. Personally I have used a general search engine as well (i.e. DuckDuckGo).

9 hours ago, Serin O said:

now we are trying to extend our partners internationally.

Already built some partnership with Japan game industries,

what I wonder is - how I can start in English speaking industries.

These days I made very long mail lists and sending studio portfolio & cover letters to industries.

Sometimes get positive answers, but it doesn't feel like productive enough.

Is there some websites like Indeed or LinkedIn for outsourcing studio like us?

Serin, it takes time to build a reputation. You have been doing it right and you should keep on doing what you're doing, but also start investing in networking at international conferences and trade shows. Yes, you should set use LinkedIn - that is for the persons, not businesses, but businesses use it to connect. You can also buy ads on sites like gamedev.net and gamasutra.com and kotaku.com and gamesindustry.biz. Of course your company already has a website, with lots of info about the games you've worked on and the companies you've done business with. You can also create a blog to update followers on your progress. Good luck.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement