Inspirations

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 5 years ago

In a few weeks time, once I've upgraded my code to Scala 2.13 and I've sorted out my tooling story, I want to make a serious push to find collaborators. The natural way for me to begin that would be to start by describing both the old board games from decades ago and the video games that I have enjoyed playing. Ideally with a bit of a critique of what I liked and disliked. This is to help others identify if they share my passion for certain types of games. But also to explain why I feel there is an area of the video game design space that has been barely explored.

Is this a legal no-no? Does it open myself and any future collaborators to being sued for copy right? I feel totally confident from a moral perspective that I'm not stealing anyone's hard work. In algorithmic terms, I actually find very little of use in the games I have played over the decades

Advertisement

You can talk or write all you want about any game. Commentary does not violate anyone's copyright as long as you use your own words. I'm not a lawyer, and my words are not to be construed as legal advice.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement