As you would imagine a kind of video game of these

Started by
0 comments, last by Alberth 4 years, 11 months ago

Hi guys, how are you? This question is addressed to those who have studied programming or programming logic or algorithms, also for those who want to enter this world, if they wanted to develop the logic of programming through a video game, concepts such as variables, cycles, conditional... etc, as you would like that game to be, what style of game would you prefer, dynamic, mechanical that you would imagine to cover these concepts in the game

Advertisement

Have studied programming for the last 40 years, and I have been playing your game ever since (and still having fun playing it, it's highly addictive ? ) . I prefer the concepts as they are in regular programming languages, as they are the simplest to work and experiment with. Also there are tons of examples and discussions about the topic using this form.

So there you have my answer. I am not sure this is what you're looking for however. I am pretty sure I have nailed concepts like variables, cycles, and conditions by now, there is little left to educate me there. Even if there is something you can teach me, I am not sure I'd be interested in your game. I play the programming game all day, in my spare time, I tend to prefer not playing that game.

As such I have some problems understanding what you are aiming for. To structure the discussion, I'd suggest you drop the problem of how to program your game for now, and first focus on content of the game. What should be in it, who should play your game (ie what's your audience?), what do you want to teach the players, how should it look, how to make it fun, etc etc. This area is known as Game Design.

Once you have some understanding of what to put in the game, you can start thinking how to code it, and you'll end up with Unity or some other engine or frame work, and you can ask programming questions about realizing the game from concept to a running piece of software.

You may want to start with intended audience and goals of the game, as a lot of decisions depend on the answer to those questions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement