Selling IP licensing: Do people come to you? Or posted somewhere?

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 9 months ago

Let's say we're interested in expanding our IP, if others may be interested, for a small % (now that we're known). 

In these cases, do people mostly come to you if interested? Or is there some website people post at for others to browse?

If it's a website specific to gaming, that'd be a +1. I'm having trouble Googling this, so maybe something like this doesn't exist, but shot in the dark.

Advertisement
10 hours ago, i42_throne said:

Let's say we're interested in expanding our IP, if others may be interested, for a small % (now that we're known). 

I assume you mean you are interested in monetizing your IP beyond what you're currently using it for - you're willing to let others make use of your IP, as long as they pay you for the privilege. 

10 hours ago, i42_throne said:

do people mostly come to you if interested? Or is there some website people post at for others to browse?

Yes, people who want to use your IP will come to you. There are licensing companies that represent IP owners, but again: if there's a lot of money to be made from your IP, those companies will come to you. Until your IP starts drawing offers so numerous that you can hardly handle it all, there's not much you can do but continue building on your IP. When it's big enough, they will come. Maybe.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement