Story telling for games

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 8 months ago

I started off on snes. I was always the person that could see what's missing in games. I also have a story that I want to make short films for my game. Tv series or YouTube series depends on how big my game will be. I'm the type of person who loves far cry for it's map editor but wish it was more like unreal engine or unity, Maya and blender. I watch everything for a better story. What process you go through game designers?

where to start. You ever feel like you have all the tools to build something, you just don't have the instructions pad with you? That's where I'm at. I'm stuck between all this knowledge I have to build a game. The story, plot weapons armor activities of what you can do in the game. But the only part I'm missing the tech part. Honestly I want to learn to a certain point but I don't want to spend my life learning code. I just want to make games. So I'm hear to learn

Advertisement
27 minutes ago, Dawan Dumas said:

I ... have a story that I want to make short films for my game. Tv series or YouTube series depends on how big my game will be. 

Sorry, but that's unclear. You want to write a game story? Do you want to write an original? Or do you want to write something based on some existing IP (TV or film or YouTube)? Or you've already written a story for a game? Or you've written the cinematic scenes for a game?

27 minutes ago, Dawan Dumas said:

I watch everything for a better story. What process you go through game designers?

It's narrative designers who create the good stories you seek (not game designers, at least not necessarily). What kind of answer are you looking for? If you want to write a story, just write it. If you've already written a story and you want feedback on it, share it.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement