Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

New Game PC, PS3 and Xbox360 - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Started by udkultimate Nov 25, 2019 at 7:04 AM 90 replies 161.2k views
Original Post
udkultimate
udkultimate

Assalamu Alaykum (Peace be with you)

First of all, I would like to thank my brazillian fellow, ROD Lima, for all his help with Unreal Scripting Programming. He is most know for his Resident Evil 2 Fan Remake in UDK Engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X98lnbJPKkg

I would like also to thank my friends at UDK Engine Forums (https://forums.unrealengine.com/legacy-tools-unreal-engine-3-udk) for all their help and support.

As you may know, recently I had to put offline my project UDK Ultimate Engine (the custom build of UDK Engine with PS3 and Xbox360 Export Support) for copyrights reasons (EPIC asked me to do this), however, they were very kind with me and allowed me to keep using my custom version of UDK to publish my games, I even signed with them an Unreal Engine License Commercial Amendment, so now I am a Licensed Unreal Engine Developer and I am ready to pursue my dream of life!

#################################

DISCLAIMER: In this game, the player does not shoot Israeli civilians, women, children, elderly, only soldiers. Also in this game there are NO images of sexual content, illicit drugs, religious desecration, hate of speech against any group, ethnicity or religion, anti-Semitist propaganda against Jews, Nazi propaganda or boasting of any terrorist groups and / or other unlawful acts. This game only contains the virtual representation of the Palestinian Resistance Movement against the Israeli Military Occupation, which is officially recognized by the United Nations (UN). I even sent this project for Brazillian's Government Justice Department, Age Rating Sector (kinda Brazillian ESRB) for their approval and age rating. This project was approved, now I am just waiting for the Age Rating Information of my game which will be available very soon on their website (http://portal.mj.gov.br/ClassificacaoIndicativa/jsps/ConsultarJogoForm.do)

I am Brazillian, from Arab ascendance, my father is from Palestine, and something I never revealed before, and one of the biggest reasons of me creating this game, is that my father was a Fighter of the Palestine Resistance Movement, he fought against Israel Army in the Lebanese Civil War on the 70's, and from since I was a kid, I felt too much proud of my father and the Palestine People in General, because of their Strenght and Constant Resistance. So this game is kinda tribute to the Brave People of Palestine and their Resistance against Military Occupation.

Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque is a Third Person Action Game on which you play as Ahmad al-Ghazzawi, a young Palestinian Student who was unjustly tortured and jailed by Israeli Soldiers for 5 years, had all his family killed by an Israeli Airstrike and now after getting out from the prison he seeks revenge against those who wronged him, killed his family and stolen his homeland.

This game is being developed during the course of 4 years by one person (me, Nidal Nijm), in a custom version of UDK Engine (Unreal Engine 3), using the best technology to tell a compelling story through a game packed with non stop action, advanced 3D graphics and modern gameplay mechanics, however keeping the soul of old school shooters. You will play in missions accross ground, sea and sky, you have many objectives to accomplish in each mission, epic bosses battles, powerful guns, vehicles to drive, helicopters to take down, and much more. Expect a LOT of Action and Adrenaline!!!

This game also is greatly inspired by Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Insurgency Sandstorm.

I hope you enjoy this game and support me by purchasing it, Insha Allah (God's Willing). I decided to release this game as episodes (missions), each mission by a symbolic value just to cover my development costs, as everyone knows that develop a game is not an easy task, it takes a lot of time and efforts. It will be a very small value, however any copy sold of this game is very important and will trully help me. Please buy this game to support me (whenever I release it), Insha Allah (God's Willing), because I trully need your help!

I hope untill the end of this month (november) release a free demo of this game (for PC, PS3 and Xbox360), so people can enjoy and feel what my game is about, enjoy the gameplay, feel the action. I plan to make something similar to Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (If you may remember), on which I will teach the player the basis of the Gameplay, like training the player for the true battle that will come on the final game. About the first episode (mission), I hope to release it untill the end of December, beginning of January 2020.

Now I will show you some trailers of the game itself, a beta version of this game. I am already redoing everything from scratch, remaking the models, animations, and maps, raising the overall quality, polishing things here and there, to deliver a high quality product for all people enjoy.

Also you can see the new updated model for my character protagonist, and the difference between the new player model and the old one, so you all can be sure I am commited to do my best on this game. These old models were just placeholders for me develop the basic game programming framework and features.

#################################

This trailer tells the history of how the muslims re-conquered Jerusalem:

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/1-fursan-al-aqsa-reveal-trailer

This trailer tells the history of the Game's Protagonist:

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/video

This is the promotional trailer "Join the Resistance":

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/3-fursan-al-aqsa-join-the-resistance-trailer

Some Screenshots of the new Player Model In-Game:

#################################

Now some Behind the Scenes Trailers.

Making off "Crusader Battle Trailer":

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/5-fursan-al-aqsa-reveal-trailer-making-off

Making off "Ahmad al-Ghazzawi":

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/10-fursan-al-aqsa-ahmad-al-ghazzawi-making-off

You can follow the development of my game here:

https://sites.google.com/view/fursanalaqsagame/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcw8iE7JGheoU3Tq4ducTpw/

https://twitter.com/UdkUltimate

https://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

Jazakom Allah Khayr (May God give you the best)

Froboz
Froboz

Can I play as IDF?

udkultimate
udkultimate

Hello dude. I was skeptical about this, however, after a lot of thinking I decided to add a multiplayer mode with SplitScreen on which one player plays as a Palestinian Resistant, and other Player plays as IDF on many modes, like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Vehicle Battle.

Also this will for sure add more on the replay value of my game, which will make a player keep enjoying the game even after beating the Campaign.

Cheers!

Froboz
Froboz

Is there an IDF campaign?

fbcosentino
fbcosentino

Hi Nidal! (How do you pronouce this?)

First and foremost I would like to show my support. I was also born and raised in Brazil, so I understand the freedom you are used to when you talk about the situation in Palestine and all related. Brazil is one of the few places on Earth still relatively free of the ridiculous amount of prejudice the arabs suffer due to the terrorism hysteria. I don't have any connection with Palestine myself, but the distortions and manipulations against Palestinian people told worldwide by some media groups causes me a strong empathy and solidarity. I even have a kaffieh =)

Second, I would like to say you are very brave! I live in a different place now and if you talk about your game over here, you might lose some friends. Bringing a theme like this to the light of day demands huge courage!

I'm glad to read your game is not supporting terrorism or any violence against innocent people. You are dealing with sensitive grounds here. I know it is unfair. Companies can launch games such as Carmageddon or Grand Theft Auto, promoting absurd violence and crime against innocents and everyone cheers, while you make a game about soldiers fighting oppression and all the fingers are pointed to you, just because you touched a tabu. I bow to you.

Brazuca Greetings ;)




Froboz
Froboz

An IDF campaign would make the project more interesting.

Mosker
Mosker

Good luck to you. Don't envy what you may face, in terms of publicity, the distortions and the heat of your message.

Gameplay question: I think of games like Red Faction as well as your setting. Combat is not healthy for ruins, sacred sites, etc. Can there be damage to the environment? Could there be repercussions in terms of gameplay? After all, all combatants value the surroundings (perhaps more than their opponents' lives).

udkultimate
udkultimate

I would like to thank all my friends for voting in my game on @IndieDB

I don't have words to say how happy I am with all your support guys.

You are awesome people who are supporting me and my game. I think the best word is:

May Allah (God) give you the best

My game is now on the top 100 list, and first one on its category!

There is still 10 days to go for selecting the top 10 games from these 100!

Please vote again for this second phase: http://tiny.cc/18blhz

​

udkultimate
udkultimate

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #5 - Updated Animations for Ahmad al-Ghazzawi

http://www.moddb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/13-fursan-al-aqsa-ahmad-al-ghazzawi-making-off-mocap

In game development is a common practice to use placeholder assets, which can be 3D Models, Textures and even Animations. Whenever I first began developing this game 2 years ago, I use the default UDK AnimationSet, which includes all the Character Animations used in Unreal Tournament 3. However, to give my game some originality, I decided to replace some of these stock UT3 (Unreal Tournament 3) animations by other animations from my Assets Library (which includes MOCAP animations from MegaMoCap, TrueBones, TurboSquid, NaturalMotion, and others).

I did not make too much polishments on these first animations I used, as I was just bored to look all time to the Default UDK Animations, so I just wanted something provisory, to polish later.

​

UDK/UE3 Engine has a perfectly working Animation System, pre-configured to work outside the box for a Shooter Game. One of these functions is what we call Aiming Profiles, which means, for any type of weapon the player carries, there are a different set of animations: in example, run forward rifle, run left pistol, rifle idle animation, bazooka run forward, and so on. For the sake of simplicity, I just replaced many of these stock UDK animationsby these new mocap files (retargetting these animations to the default UDK Skeleton in Motion Builder).

It would be very cool if using custom animations for UDK was just a matter of copy and paste. Even though the retargetting animations process is flawlessy inside Motion Builder, however, because of differences in skeleton size (UDK Skeleton x Custom MOCAP Skeletons), I had to manually edit each mocap animation to fit into UDK Skeleton. The fixes is just reposition of the character skeleton to fit and work flawlessly. In Motion Builder I just added a new animaton layer and added some key frame animations to fix the MOCAP, one by one.

Added to this, I did some Custom MOCAP using my Kinect Camera, as you san see in the video above. I must admit that is far better using professional captured MOCAP files than doing it yourself. I used Custom Kinect MOCAP files whenever I could not find, inside my assets library, the animation wanted, so it is time for "Do it Yourself". Again, after some (MANY) tweaks on these custom kinect mocap files, I got something good looking wich you can check aswell on the above video. And these will be the final animations for the game's protagonist.

I hope you are enjoying de follow the development of Fursan al-Aqsa.

P.S: If you did not vote yet for Fursan al-Aqsa, please vote now, it is disputing the Top 10 Indie Games of 2019, it is now the #1 of Upcoming Third Person Shooter:
http://tiny.cc/18blhz

Cheers and until Next Update!

udkultimate
udkultimate

Today I began to sketchup some ideas of Maps for Fursan al-Aqsa Training Missions. Besides the Campaign Mode, I will add a Training Mode for my game with a LOT of Cool Missions, inspired by Metal Gear Solid 2 VR Missions (Kill All, Stealth, Weapon Shooting and Variety).

​

​

​

​

udkultimate
udkultimate

I decided to change my custom camera to make it look more similar to MetalGearSolid4. I am happy with the final result, so now my game has more of that MGS feeling! Next step will be add the iconic solid snake's crawling animation!

​

​

udkultimate
udkultimate

Be like a Chameleon. Suprise your enemies by invading their base disguised as one of them, and kill them all without mercy! Just testing a new feature on #FursanAlaqsaGame for the stealth missions mode!

Jeff1da
Jeff1da

Hi, I know you're committed to your project right now, but would you mind joining our team also? We're building a 2D and 3D game that will be integrated with Blockchain technology. You can reach me on discord: jeff1da#2959

udkultimate
udkultimate
Jeff1da said:

Hi, I know you're committed to your project right now, but would you mind joining our team also? We're building a 2D and 3D game that will be integrated with Blockchain technology. You can reach me on discord: jeff1da#2959

Thanks dude for the invitation, I trully feel honored joining a team of devs. However, as you quoted, now I am committed on my game. After I finish my game, we can talk about this matter. Cheers!

Wilmusic
Wilmusic

Hi, I am a Composer and I make video game/ movie music.

are you interested in me composing music for the game?

let me know if u are interested.


Greets,

Wilmusic

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.