Advice on Marketing for a Voxel RPG?

Started by
4 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 5 months ago

Hello!

I was thinking about marketing my game before Christmas, with a sale in December, a new look (textures) and a $1000 marketing budget.

Even though I constantly update my game, there is not enough new stuff for it to be newsworthy for the press I guess. I will be releasing an update adding space shuttles in the next week probably.

It is an Alpha, so I thought I should probably market it to people who are interested in Kickstarter/Indiegogo, even though it's not on one of these platforms. I'm not sure though.

I guess content creators on YouTube and Twitch will be too busy in December, so should I wait until January before contacting them?

I plan to upload some videos on my YouTube channel.

How should I spend my marketing budget? Should I spend it at all or rather wait until later? I'm not sure if the game is ready for advertising on Facebook or YouTube.

Should I hire a professional to give me some detailed advice on marketing? If yes, where would I find one, apart from the popular freelancer websites? How do I determine if someone is good at marketing?

Do you have any further advice?

Cheers,

Christopher

Advertisement

Christopher, there are lots of threads about marketing in the Business And Law forum. This should have been posted there (not Production and Management) but in these early days of the new site design, there's no way I can move it there. You should go over there and read previous threads on marketing, until someone better able to help you comes along with a reply to your questions.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

Christopher, there are lots of threads about marketing in the Business And Law forum. This should have been posted there (not Production and Management) but in these early days of the new site design, there's no way I can move it there. You should go over there and read previous threads on marketing, until someone better able to help you comes along with a reply to your questions.

Oh, I'm blind, it even says marketing in the description of the forum.

You can't move topics? I can't even edit my post. What was wrong with the old forum anyway? At least it worked.

And thanks, I'll have a look at that forum, maybe I can find something that applies to my game, though every game is different.

As for the forum changes, there are always changes and transitions to web sites. As luck would have it, right just happens to be the day of a major web site transition. We're all going through some transition and learning times, but it will get figured out soon enough.

Beosar said: "You can't move topics? I can't even edit my post."

We have to work out some kinks on the new site design. I don't know the ins and outs of why the site had to be rebuilt. Probably security, features, capabilities, monetization (to name a few guesses). The ads seem to work very well! :p

As it turns out, the thread has been moved to the correct forum. Anyway, hope you find some good food for thought in the old threads!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement