Crowdsourcing Thoughts

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 1 month ago

GameDev Community,

I have an idea for a character/gameplay mechanic. I'm really only in the preliminary phases of this idea, starting to flesh it out and such. But on a side it got me thinking about crowdsourcing, which I know I'm no where able to do so at this moment. But I wanted to know what anyone's thoughts are in regards to crowdsourcing your projects? Any advantages that you've found, and any disadvantages that you've found as well. I imagine PR is still very hard to get going, as you have to spread the word about the crowdfunding first and hope it picks up steam.

What pros and cons have you experienced in trying to sell your idea on these various platforms? And regardless of if it was funded or not, did you find the experience worth your time?

Advertisement

phillip, you will find that others have asked questions about crowdsourcing and gotten great feedback in the Business/Law forum. Now your question has been moved to that forum. You should take a look around at the other threads about crowdsourcing here. Good luck with your project.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement