The correct format for copyright a game document?

Started by
13 comments, last by LionArt94 3 years, 10 months ago

@Neometron Hi buddy,

thank you for your comments and taking the time to do so. i have been doing a lot of reading since posting on here, Tom has put a lot my way and that has lead me down so many “rabbit holes” i have come to the same conclusion, i full agree with everything you said.

Kind Regards

-Stu-

Advertisement

@Alberth I have been asking myself the same question mate. 1st thought is, its a crap idea that people have thought of and cant see it making any money etc. 2nd is that it is too complicated to make. 3rd thought is well it could be original. all ideas at some point were original why can't mine be. iv always been watching whats coming out, half sad that it hasn't and have glad that it hasn't xD.

The gaming industry is still relatively new, evolving all the time. we see new things every day. i'm sure those creators had the same question to themselves. like Dune2 was the grandfather of all the RTSs to date, why hadn't anyone thought of that before? i did speak to my friends and clients within the industry 20 years ago. they liked the idea but said the technology wasn't there yet. now it is and now i have time to do something about it.

i have a long road ahead of me. iv months of reading to catch up on first. iv took Toms advice and will be developing a mobile app for the construction industry. playing to my strengths and lol yes and again its an original idea born from my own frustrations as a business owner. a bit like Tom's frustration with people like me, i had the same in construction. my app should fix all that and i hope make me some moneys to sink into making my game.

I have realised that i don't need to make a tipple A game. something basic that works will be enough to get things rolling.

Kind Regards

-Stu-

In that case, be sure you talk to a competent business lawyer who understands the game industry. There are multiple layers of legal documents you need before you bring anyone in, before you have people create assets or code, before you begin marketing or distributing or publishing your goods.

Legal documents are critical to get right, as their core value is when you must enforce your rights in court. If you will not be able to defend your rights in court, reconsider. If you do the documents and agreements wrong and end up in court, your lawyers will struggle and you may lose because of inadequate contract terms.

Pay up and do it right.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement