Countries that set the trend

Started by
47 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 9 months ago

NikiTo said:
I personally would be more worried about the changes in the magnetic poles than an unnaturally warm winter.

heheh, or there comes a meteor… so yeah, let's rob and burn all that oil before that! :D

Advertisement

JoeJ said:
So you found a case where ice mass increases. I knew about that too, but how does this proof there is no global warming? Or how does it help with humans affecting ecosystem with pollution and forest clearings?

NikTo obviously didn't even bother to read the article he posted, so let me “do the free work” of not being a complete dishonest moron by proxy and actually quote you the point of the article:

But it might only take a few decades for Antarctica’s growth to reverse, according to Zwally. “If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years -- I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses.”

So no, NASA doesn't say that the ice-caps are not melting; but that there is a separate process increasing the overall amount of ice which is going to be able to stabilize the caps for another 20-30 years. Thank god nobody will have to worry about what happens then. Also:

“The good news is that Antarctica is not currently contributing to sea level rise, but is taking 0.23 millimeters per year away,” Zwally said. “But this is also bad news. If the 0.27 millimeters per year of sea level rise attributed to Antarctica in the IPCC report is not really coming from Antarctica, there must be some other contribution to sea level rise that is not accounted for.”

Thats even fucking worse. So sea-levels are rising despite arctica taking water out. So instead of sea-levels rising by 0.27 mm/year due to arctic caps melting, its actually rising 0.5mm/year by some unknown source and arctic is taking out about half of that for now. YIKES.

But noo, that article totally says that global warming is not real. Its absolutely no wonder why people come to those conclusions if all they do is read headlines. I mean, it all makes sense now:

NikiTo said:
Literally the only single thing you have to do is open a web browser.

So what he does is type in “global warming not real”, and he gets 20 pages of search-results that all say “global warming is not real”. DEBUNKED!

FFS people…

@JoeJ A mortal politician does not care what happens after him. But as a person who thinks it is immortal, i do care. What if i reincarnate in that post apocalyptic Earth? Or what if my San Junipero server stops working because of ice/fire age?

I do care!

But i think claiming that humans can tefraform Earth is like claiming HAARP can create a storm over Russia. We humans definitively have not yet enough energy as to terraform nothing.

If we unbalance the system, it most probably will put itself in balance back, after few unusually warm winters.

Remember the Nuclear testings?

…from 1945 to 1992, 520 atmospheric nuclear explosions (including eight underwater) were conducted with a total yield of 545 megatons, with a peak occurring in 1961–1962, when 340 megatons were detonated in the atmosphere by the United States and Soviet Union, while the estimated number of underground nuclear tests conducted in the period from 1957 to 1992 was 1,352 explosions with a total yield of 90 Mt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_testing#History

Earth survived that. Venice did not sink. Did it sink back then?

And almost nobody talks about how Bitcoin warms the planet with its arrays of GPUs. How often do you hear people to blame bitcoin for global warming in media? This is because the same people who blame the corps for global warming are against the banks. So they accept a bad thing while they refuse another.

Do you need Ray Tracing so badly? Can you play without ray tracing? Then why not stopping promoting GPUs that eat so much more Watts and in this way heat the planet more and make the el. companies produce more energy.

I am not asking for so much. I don't ask you to give away laundry machines. I ask you to give away just that 10% of visual improvement that you don't need so badly anyways.

It is about politics, personal preferences, social media culture, religion etc. Very little of all that noise is about real attempt to save the planet.

Hollywood can convince people about literally anything. And hollywood is against Trump. So hollywood promotes the global warming idea calling Trump “worse than hitler” because he does not believe in global warming. Musk supports global warming because it makes him win billions, and this means billions of fans of Elon will repeat over and over again the global warming theory all over the internet.

I do care about the future of Earth, but i don't want to accept a single proposition coming from a mob of swedish teens who protest only because they want to skip school.

Juliean said:
its actually rising 0.5mm/year by some unknown source and arctic is taking out about half of that for now. YIKES.

“It is not for unknown reasons. It is because of big corps!”

Juliean said:
NikTo obviously didn't even bother to read the article he posted,

I didn't either, so thanks you did. I knew the growing ice there is no reason to calm down. It's just one data point of many, and even if we mine them all we are unable to predict what will happen, or if there is still a chance to stop it.
I also knew there is no hope to convince NikiTo. But… keep up the good fight! :D

So what he does is type in “global warming not real”, and he gets 20 pages of search-results that all say “global warming is not real”. DEBUNKED!

Maybe this is the more dangerous treat we are facing in current modern times.

NikiTo said:
A mortal politician does not care what happens after him. But as a person who thinks it is immortal, i do care.

ummm… no. The mortal Politican has children, so he does care.

We all care. But we also point with fingers to others, like politicans, ore mega corps. Bad guys here, bad guys there, and they are all guilty, corrupt, and they do it all so wrong. While we are just small people that can't do anything other than pointing at them.

Well, that's easy, and it feels good.

But we all are the same, and there is no difference between us, the politicans, or the rich ones.

That's what i think, and i'm not any better myself.

Only thing that matters is how many people support one side or the other. That's all that matters. When Trump loses its presidency. global warming will cool down for the next 4 years. Earth will be safe while Trump is not a president. Believe hollywood!!

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/science/scientists-petition-on-climate-crisis-blocked-over-fake-signatories/news-story/eb7b2647890516320363863b8dd1caee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

As i said - 90% religion, 10% real science.

@ JoeJ, Nikito, Juliean guys this has nothing to do with countries.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

JoeJ said:

NikiTo said:
A mortal politician does not care what happens after him. But as a person who thinks it is immortal, i do care.

ummm… no. The mortal Politican has children, so he does care.

We all care. But we also point with fingers to others, like politicans, ore mega corps. Bad guys here, bad guys there, and they are all guilty, corrupt, and they do it all so wrong. While we are just small people that can't do anything other than pointing at them.

Well, that's easy, and it feels good.

But we all are the same, and there is no difference between us, the politicans, or the rich ones.

That's what i think, and i'm not any better myself.

It is a human thing to give oneself too much of importance.

“we are the only one intelligent species in the whole universe”

“we can terraform a huge enormous planet”

“we humans are better”

The truth is, if Earth farts, we, great humans will be all gone in a moment. We are not so important.

Calin said:
@ JoeJ, Nikito, Juliean guys this has nothing to do with countries.

I'm so sorry.

I don't know why all of your threads explode. You're magic!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement