Stats on a pre launch game on steam.

Started by
1 comment, last by taby 3 years, 7 months ago

I have a game on Steam, it has a Demo.

From what I understand, most people who download the Demo, will also wish list.

I see this because the number of unique users is almost identical to the number of wishlisting.

Now, I want to see… what are the indicators that a game is on the right track to be successful on launch day.

I have the impressions graph, and the visits graph.

So I am guessing the impression graph is the number of people that the game app appeared in their page, not necessarily seeing it or noticing it.

And visits graph is the number of people who actually clicked or entered the game's store page.

So let's say the number of people who visit is about 15%-20% of the impressions.

Out of the visits, maybe 5% wishlist the game.

Are those numbers good?

I am not sure.

I don't do almost any promotion, I posted a bit in the Gaming Hub.

I also attented the Demo festival on Steam.

I think the Demo is doing a lot of good for this game, because the Demo seem to convince people to wishlist the game. That is my theory.

So, are my numbers good? Compared to others.

I also noticed a lot of developers do dev vlogging, and this way they gather a large gathering, so they have many fans that wishlist the game just from viewing their devlogging.

Should I do dev vloging? Stream development? On youtube? Can I stream deving on Steam?

The afordmentioned game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1292410/Golden_Fall_2/

Advertisement

For fun, I looked up Steam publishing. **** me, that's a lot of documentation for a simple thing.

How easy or hard is it to publish a demo to Steam?

By the way, congratulations on publishing your work to Steam. I watched your videos, they were very full of information. The art direction is cute, kid-friendly. Nice.

I too am making a game. In the developer mode, the levels are generated pseudo-randomly, altered, and then saved to disk, for later use. In the user mode, the levels are loaded from disk. So I do both kinds of levels. How one gets into developer mode is kept as a secret. Little hackers will figure it out though. ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement