Any idea where to sell shares of a video game?

Started by
7 comments, last by Orymus3 3 years, 3 months ago

Does anyone have an idea where I could find potential buyers to sell shares of a video game that I developed?

I searched a lot for this but couldn't find anything.

It would be sort of an investment, so something like 3000usd to buy the shares, income for the buyer would be around 900usd monthly currently, so again absolutely no idea if there is like investment forums for this kind of stuff or whatever.

Advertisement

One video game is not like the stock market. Publishers don't buy stock in a game.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

One video game is not like the stock market. Publishers don't buy stock in a game.

Thanks for the answer.

Thread can be closed, issue is done.

You could try applying to Indie Fund: https://indie-fund.com/

- Jason Astle-Adams

You can sell shares yourself to private investors, having had a lawyer draw up a suitable agreement. Quite a bit of “friends and family” funding occurs roughly like this.

Of course, if you don't yet have recurring revenue it's a pretty risky bet for the investor, and if you do have the recurring revenue already, you could likely take that to the bank as justification for a loan (rather than diluting ownership/profits by selling shares).

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

There's fig.co for investment open to the public

Any investment that “returns” over 300% pa is going to be viewed with a huge level of scepticism.

If the game earns that much, why give it away? Borrow the money and profit yourself.

I think ‘shares’ may not be the correct term here. I imagine you're offering ‘Beneficial Equity Interest’ ("rev share")?

Typically, investors willing to agree to project equity-based investments will need to know you beforehand. Since this is likely Angel (private) investor level rather than venture capital (VC), it might be best to scout locally for trade organizations that might put you in touch with, or represent Angel Investors.

That being said, on a smaller scale, such as appears to be the case here, it's probably best to rely on FFF (Friends, Family and Fools).

@mussi If I am not mistaken, fig.co' open-to-public investments are heavily curated, so it's not exactly accessible for anyone (but I might be wrong on that).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement