What is the correct way to make complete architecture design for unity?

Started by
6 comments, last by Haziq 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey, there I am working on the virtual tour project. For that I am creating the architecture model in 3DS MAX but as the model becomes heavy the 3DS MAX started to get crash. Then I export the model in blender and Blender is also crashing. The architecture model which I am creating will be exported to unity after completion in which I will work further by adding menu, fps and other unity stuff. But since it is crashing what should I how can I create this model for Unity? For idea this is the architecture model which I am creating:
https://www.360cities.net/image/mazar-e-quaid-by-tahir-pathan-03432927928-jpg

Advertisement

Do what all open level/open world developers do and split it up into chunks wchich are loaded on demand by the engine

So there is no other way except have to create everything then have to manually take one by one in game engine and then set in target game engine well that's a bummer then.

well, yeah best to split it up - or if u can then go lowpoly (if it doesn't crash) and use hi-res textures -

otherwise, if max and blender crashed, sounds like unity will also, now that's the real bummer -lool- ?

That's the case. The Unity is not crashing due to the optimization tools of Unity.

It has nothing to do with Unity, and everything to do with how virtual worlds are organized and rendered.

I'm fascinated how you describe that all your tools (3DSMax, Blender, and Unity) crash on loading it, but then somehow decide this is a flaw in the tools and not a misunderstanding of how rendering systems work.

Tools expect scenes like this to be parts.

Modern tools are designed around composition, so compose the world. The terrain base is a simple height map. Plants are instanced objects. Walls, walkways, and stairways are composed of smaller pieces. The building itself may have multiple smaller pieces, each independent data, placed to form the building. Objects inside the building are individual models like a chandelier, the tomb, the barriers around it, and so on, each composed into the bigger scene.

I can work with the objects dividing in sub part. But that time-consuming. I have already made the similar project in the past in which I have to divide the architecture in parts in order to work properly at that time this whole procedure was time-consuming that why I asked here that there might be a better way to this instead of creating the models in parts then import them individually well guess there is no other way then. Thanks for the response mate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement