Looking for people to create a 3D game

Started by
2 comments, last by PalAkiAgg 3 years, 3 months ago

Hello, I am looking for people who want to work on a 3D game as a hobby

About me:

I currently a web developer and have experience with html, css, javascript as well as php and c#. I have always wanted to create a game however have only recently found out how. Most of the game dev work (playing around) I have done has been Java using LWJGL, however am also open to learn C++.

Who I am looking for:

At least basic skills in programming.

Keen to learn.

Able to work in a team.

Able to communicate in English

*Optional: Skills/Willingness to learn 3D modelling and graphic design. (Useful especially for 3D game)

The Game:

I’m not really sure yet other than a 3D game. I would prefer to create some form of strategy game and stay away from FPS games. Other than that, ideas can be discussed later. My preference is to have a custom game engine made in either C++ or Java. Again, can be discussed although these are my preferences.

If you are interested feel free to contact me on discord

ItsJamie#6771

Advertisement

@palakiagg as I said my preference is Java and possibly c++.

Well …….. If you don't find anything better. I could do with some help with my stuff. It checks some of your boxes. It's 3D, it's not a FPS, it uses a custom (what can be loosely called) engine and it's in C++. The eventual goal is an MMORPG but that scares everyone off. At this point I've decided to do some sort of moon lander game first, so I can use the procedural world generation library that I'm developing, and get something out the door in a reasonable amount of time. It will also let players run around the surface on foot, just for fun. I still want to do a SciFi MMORPG, but this will be a first step to get something out the door without many years of development.

The down side is, it's a lot of hard core C++ programming. I think you will find however that most 3D games that don't use an off the shelf engine will require a lot of that. I'm covering the planet mesh generation, LOD, and physics. What I need help with is the animation, possibly some HLSL programing, and at some point 3D modeling of characters and spacecraft. I'll warn you that what I'm working on is not for the faint of heart, but you are guaranteed to learn a ton. Also I'm in the Moscow time zone if that's an issue.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement