Finding Publishers that would be willing to work with solo/micro teams?

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 2 months ago

NOTE: This is about premium, non-mobile Publishers.

Been researching Publishers a lot and noticed that only a few seem interested in potentially working with solo/micro teams that haven't established themselves yet. As to be expected, of course, since these pose a financial risk compared to working with established teams of 20 ex-AAA employees with lots of experience.

However there do appear to be a few which have a history of working with solo/micro team devs. A few which seem to be decently risk happy if the game you present to them seems interesting.

However that list is rather small, so I am wondering if I have missed any. If you know any Publishers that fit the above criteria, please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

joeschmoe32 said:
A few which seem to be decently risk happy if the game you present to them seems interesting.

Wait, I thought you just wanted publishers willing to “work with” you - but now you mention “the game you present to them”?? It sounds like you aren't talking about doing development work for a publisher, but instead you're looking to pitch your game, that you're looking for a publishing deal. Which is it?

When I was at Activision, I often worked with small teams. When I was at Yahoo, I worked with a couple of solo/micro devs. Doing development work for a publisher is a good way to get a foot in the door for subsequently pitching concepts.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Excuse my sloppy wording.

Yes - this is about pitching a project, not actively ‘working for' a publisher. I know the usual details when it comes to the pitching process, what documents you require, what should be done and dealt with etc. but I am looking to expand my list of publishers that would even want to work with small-time devs/dev teams in the first place.

Well, good luck with that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement