Unity 3rd Person Problems with model. Please help.

Started by
2 comments, last by Chi_Chi_the_Beach_Fox 2 years, 2 months ago

Hello, I am really New when it comes to Unity. I want to create My own Five Nights at Freddy's Fan-game where you play as an animatronic as you protect the night guard from the other, not-so-nice robots. I wanted to start off the project by using the 3rd person animations from Unity's 3rd person controller package and replace the model with a model of my own. The animatronic Model I made is split up into different smaller meshes that the rig holds together (As shown in the image above). I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBTcyiktKc8 and I somehow messed up. The Model I made disappears when the controller is set to unity's Starter controller that came with the package, but when it's not selected, the model is stuck in T Pose (What the image shows above), but I can still move around with WASD controls. How an I get this model to animate using unity's animations?

How can I fix this? Is my problem making the model into separate parts and meshes? This problem is really getting at my nerves.

Advertisement

Could be a lot of things.

Do you have the packages installed in yours that the system requires? Looks like they have two packages, the “Input System” and “Cinemachine” package which are required to be setup, as per the documentation.

Is your model suitably rigged? The bones need to match the rig that Unity is expecting. Does it have an Avatar definition, properly configured or auto-generated? Mecanim will attempt to figure out the bones and muscles for a humanoid using generic animations, but only if the rig is close enough for it to recognize the shape. Those should be found under the “rig” tab.

@frob I'm looking at the Avatar configuration, and the only bones that isn't there, are hand bones. I assumed everything would be fine because there isn't any red highlights anywhere. How can I rig this model for animation using Mecanim?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement