Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

AI Movement

Started by Rblanco Mar 18, 2022 at 12:03 AM 1 replies 8.2k views
Original Post
Rblanco
Rblanco

Hey everyone,

I am really getting into programming am trying to understand AI and how to program it. I currently use UE4 and use C++ coding, however, I used this tutorial, " Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial: Artificial Intelligence | raywenderlich.com". Although this tutorial provides a zipped folder (which I didn't use} , I tried programming a pawn as an AI in UE4. I gave it an AI a controller and tried to get my AI to move at a “set random location” using blueprints; I wasn't successful as my AI did not want to move. Does anyone one out there have further sources on AI movement whether its C++ or blueprints based?

Thank you!

Reynaldo Blanco
AngleWyrm6
AngleWyrm6

Rimworld uses a clever algorithm that adds an updatable heat map of undesirability to the movement cost required to enter locations. There's also the boids mechanic for collision avoidance and flocking of multiple moving objects. And They Are Billions manages to put hundreds of mobs on screen without gagging at choke points.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.