SDL green flickering mess on nvidia Geforce GTX

Started by
29 comments, last by Geri 1 year, 6 months ago

Hello,

I have an old mini game that I made a couple of years ago. It worked great on my AMD-based GPU, but then I got a new nvidia GPU and now the game is buggy.

The source is at https://github.com/sjhalayka/angels_vs_demons​

Any guesses?

The screen looks like this:

Advertisement

taby said:
It worked great on my AMD-based GPU, but then I got a new nvidia GPU and now the game is buggy.

Green team fights Red team.

There is nothing we could do about that.

Maybe you should get an affordable blue one instead. <:D

The non-buggy version looks like this:

Is this happening only on your game? The artifacts really look like from a dying GPU. (no pun intended, this time)

I don’t have games on my PC. My other OpenGL projects work fine, as they do not use SDL. i tried the latest SDL too.

the following image is from another, GLUT-based, project:

There are two reasons why I use SDL. One: it supports sound, and two: it allows me to catch window cluse messages… to compare, GLUT just closes no matter what. That’s bad:

There might be a difference from OpenGL version in use, which then causes a driver issue or not.

In case you had AMD in the same PC and same OS, i would try to reinstall GPU drivers, forcing a clean install if possible.
And if that fails, reinstall Windows from scratch. : (

I've had minor issues when i replaced AMD and NV GPUs frequently, but they never looked similar to this. I doubt it's an SDL issue.
First you could browse some shadertoy to ensure GPU works.

If i would try to render mesh at such resolution, RAM would spill to full HD, but probably i'd get a GPU driver timeout before that. (I still have no clue why i get those damn timeouts)

What volume resolution are you using here? How much ram? How many FPS?

Whatever it is, it looks like it's affecting the whole window evenly, so any full-screen quads or triangles would be the first place to look. Try commenting out OpenGL calls until the weirdness goes away, and maybe you'll be able to identify the specific OpenGL call that's causing the weirdness.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement