Looking for contributors & team members for 3D Roleplaying Game

Started by
4 comments, last by parspsq 1 year, 3 months ago

Seeking teammates and contributors to help create a multiplayer 3D fantasy RPG (Role-Playing Game) in the style of Dungeons & Dragons, Planescape, Everquest, and others. The game has passed the game design phase and now we are ready to start with the implementation. The following persons are needed for the team who can contribute a minimum of 4-5 hours of time weekly.

• Developer who can mentor other developers.
  • Lead Developer who can direct projects for game tools.
  • Programmer who is skilled at working with third-party code and tools.
  • Junior Programmer to work on some specific assigned tasks and/or make self-directed contributions.
  • Scripter who can work on conversation dialog scripts for encounters and interactions.
  • Modeler who can create some quality models (creatures, characters, armor, etc)
  • Animator who can bring characters to life with animations.
  • Game Designer to work with writers and level designers to create engaging gameplay and documentation.
  • World & Level Designers for outdoor and interior areas
  • VFX Designer to create visual effects.
  • Creative Writer for plots and storylines.
  • Designer & Modeler for clothing.

My skills include software engineering, technical support, and system administration. I am willing to let more competent persons lead in their area of expertise as long as the project stays on track. Initial plan is to use Unity as the game framework, although, if enough people on board would be more comfortable using Unreal or another game engine that is a possibility. You may use your own tools to work on the project if you have some you prefer to use that can integrate with the workflow.

I am flexible about ownership of created content, license, and other issues. If you would like to have rights to your independently created assets and/or seek attribution that is fine as long as you are willing to provide license to redistribute the assets as part of the video game. In the event that the game makes money it will be divided with team members in a proportion equal to their contribution. Send me a message here on the forum if you are interested. Include information about experience and areas of interest.

Any contributions of monetary assets and or art assets will be welcome. Monetary donations may be used to pay persons to create additional assets for the game or for infrastructure to support the project.

Advertisement

That's a lot of people to start off a hobby and/or rev-share project. Also, it helps to post what your role and skillset are when recruiting.

*laughs out loud* I wouldn't say it is a lot of people. I would say it is not enough. "Recruiting all the king's horses and all the king's men!" would be more realistic I'd say!

It would really be good to get the project completed in a few years rather than work on it and actually accomplish nothing in the end. I am not expecting to create a AAA game title. My role will be semi-administrative. My skills include software engineering, technical support, and system administration. I am willing to let more competent persons lead in their area of expertise as long as the project stays on track. Initial plan is to use Unity as the game framework, although, if enough people on board would be more comfortable using Unreal or another game engine that is a possibility.

My role will be semi-administrative.

I can almost guarantee you, nobody wants to hear that for a rev-share game. Given the success rate for these kinds of projects, many people will assume it will be like working for free. Some of the Dischord servers that have collaboration channels require that the leader be either a programmer, artist or modeler for this reason.

For something comparable to say an updated EverQuest, yes it will take a lot of people, but I wouldn't start with that. Once you get something you can show, you might be able to get some more people. Likely people that will join at this stage won't have a ton of skills. But good luck.

Of course, you are right. Didn't you read my reply? I am a programmer.

Of course, it will be working for free. That is why I posted it in the Hobby Project Classifieds. This is not the Atari Corporation. Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement