? ??????????? ???? ??? ???????

Started by
1 comment, last by Neoshaman 1 year, 1 month ago

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am working on an academic project and I could use some assistance from you guys.
Specifically, I am creating my first Unity project which is a ?? ??????????, and I am struggling with a particular issue.

I need to create ? ??????????? ???? ??? ??????? that includes:

-A curved incision only applied on human flesh surface(mesh surface)
-Variable depth based on user interaction
-The ability to insert objects into the incision

I found a video demonstrating exactly what I am trying to achieve, but unfortunately, the source code is not available and the owner has not responded to my requests for assistance.

I am hoping that someone in my network might be able to help me with either the source code or a roadmap on how to achieve this result. Any advice, suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. If you are able to help, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments or send me a private message.

Thank you in advance for your help, and please note that I have a deadline for this project.

Advertisement

I never implemented this, so Ican only speculate probable way to do it.

If mesh do not separate into submesh but is a glorified incision:

• I would consider tesselation, basically find a point on a triangle, find the UV, draw to texture, use texture to tesselate.
  • Same but using paralax occlusion mapping instead of tesselation.
  • Harder → find triangles that cross, remove triangle from index, rebuild sub geometry around cut.

If mesh rebuild and separate, that's a whole new can of worm, you will have to like the third point, and check connectivity, once island are found, turn the whole submesh into another object. I would probably operate on a voxel representation linked to the mesh representation, with internal represented by voxel and remesh on the fly using stuff like dual contouring, ie complex stuff.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement