Seeking Passionate Devs to Build Early Roadmap

Started by
2 comments, last by Gnollrunner 10 months, 1 week ago

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site and am a bit of an armchair dev. I have had an idea for a game for over 2 years now and have only been able to lay at night and dream of the possibilities of the game. I am looking to assemble collaborative group of 20 devs to begin roadmapping a AA-AAA game.

My background lies in economics, and I hold a graduate degree in finance and my day jobs is on Wall Street. I believe that with the right MVP in place it will be possible to begin scaling the company through traditional fundraising channels.

I want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a multi-year, multi-phase project. I am seeking individuals who are not only skilled developers but also patient, collaborative, and passionate about shaping the future of game development. Together, we'll create something extraordinary, and everyone involved will be valued and rewarded equitably for their contributions.

As we progress, I promise to share more information and provide updates on the project. But for now, I invite you to join me on this exciting journey by adding me on Discord at: sthoma33#3724.

Thank you and please feel free to reach out with any questions,

Sean Thomas

Advertisement

SeanThom23 said:
am new to the site and am a bit of an armchair dev. I have had an idea for a game for over 2 years now and have only been able to lay at night and dream of the possibilities of the game. I am looking to assemble collaborative group of 20 devs to begin roadmapping a AA-AAA game.

welcome!

So the 1st thing I 'd ask is:

“how much documentation do you have?”

Game design document?

Are there any details you can share to peek our interest?

Is there a break down of roles and skills your looking for?

What engine are you using?

AA-AAA quality is a high bar, what makes you certain you can execute on that level?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

The problem you will have is, there are literally thousands of guys with your story. There's even a name for it: “ideas guy”. Unless you can find money upfront to pay for developers, it's going to be very hard to find anyone willing to work on your project. Also, with no experience in game-dev, it will be very hard to find funding.

Unless you can fund this yourself, your best bet is to try to pick up some skills yourself and do a demo first. There is no easy way to do this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement