Looking to put together a small fighting game

Started by
5 comments, last by Snaked 10 months, 1 week ago

Hello, I am a long time fighting gamer, and starting to learn about game design, I mainly focus on writing and game rules and mechanics. I've always wanted to build my own fighting game, not the next Guilt Gear or Street Fighter or anything like that, but I've spent years ironing out mechanics and balancing for a project. My brick wall I've run into per se, is that I can't code. I've tried to learn, I can't seem to wrap my head around the most basic things with programming, maybe if I took classes that would help but that isn't really an option right now. If anyone in programming, art, sound design, etc. Would be interested in working on a 2D Fighting game, I would love to collaborate. I will share any information you need and answer any project related questions to the absolute best of my ability.

Thank you!

Advertisement

Just in case, did you try mugen? its the least programming youd have to face

@undefined I have messed around with Mugen a bit, but trying to create and rig sprites for characters and setting hitboxes/hurtboxes, adjusting damage, meter gain, frame data…tbh that's more than I know how to do. I am writing out a gdd for it currently though.

hello djragonwarrior….. can we talk in Discord??

I usually code with Rad Studio C++ Builder and think i could make some improvements for (at least) some basic game of fighting like you said street fighter etc…..

search me in Discord : snaked_

@undefined should be getting a friend request from me soon.

i put hands on it and make this for djragonwarrior…. have some music ripped from Street Fighter III

and this nice stage background

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement