Ask for game

Started by
6 comments, last by frob 9 months ago

can Anyone develop a copy from age of history Ii mobile but on Godot

Advertisement

Can you have a literal copy of the game? No, unless you have the rights to do so. It won't take long to get a cease and desists letter from the publisher of that game if you try it, otherwise.

You can have something inspired on that game though.

Do people with the technical ability to do that visit here? yes

Are they going to write that program for you? No unless you compensate them for their time if you want professionals.

Otherwise you'll have to make it a project of your own, Either do it by yourself, or ask other volunteers in the Hobby Classifieds forum.

@undefined i want it just for me not to publish it

Why ? I want to develop a game up on it and take some ideas from it

Why you don't do that on your self a I don't have enough time

If you don't have time or money, other people certainly won't make it.

If you want to make your own project, start here: https://gamedev.net/start/

moha said:
Why you don't do that on your self a I don't have enough time

Like you I don't have time either for my own ideas, let alone I have time to work on ideas of others. (Note this holds literally for everybody, we all have too many great ideas and too little time to realize them all.)

moha said:
Why ? I want to develop a game up on it and take some ideas from it Why you don't do that on your self a I don't have enough time

If you don't have time to write a game now, how will you have time to extend and change it?

In any case, assuming you will have time to modify or extend the game, you will find that you cannot make many changes without a deep understanding of how the game is implemented. Such understanding is only readily available to the persons that built the game. You can obtain that knowledge as well, but it takes a lot of time too.

In addition, a game developed by someone else may have implementation limitations that basically block what you want to extend. That can of course also get changed (once you have the deep understanding you'll know if it is possible and if so, how), but changing an existing game thus has the risk that it might mean breaking down much of the game, and rebuilding it all in a different way. With a bit of bad luck, you may even need more time to extend it than it is to build a new game for that goal.

@undefined don't miss understand me I just won't to develop a game up on AOH and take my time to work on it and + I usually use Godot on my projects

moha said:
I usually use Godot on my projects

Sounds like you know where you're going to start, then. As has been fully covered, nobody is going to build it for you. You're on your own to get it started at the very least. Once you've got the project far enough there is a chance (very slim, but more than zero) that other people might be interested enough to join you but you must get it far enough along on your own first.

So trying to put your posts together into something more suitable for discussion, since these are discussion boards:

1. You want to make a game using Godot
  2. You have built projects in Godot before, so you're not looking for help about the technology.
  3. You want your next project to feel something like Age of History
  4. Now what??

From here, what are you asking the community for help with?

What is stopping you from making your Age of History game? What do you lack?

Nobody is going to make your game for you, nobody is going to plan it, nobody is going to design it, do research on it, or implement it. People have their own projects they are working on, not yours. However, if you have specific questions about specific topics, we can likely help for those.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement