Has Anyone Thought Of Coding There Own Nintendo Switch Web Browser?

Started by
5 comments, last by Aressera 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi, I Am Gooba (By My Screenname) i am looking for a volunteer app development team for an idea i have had for years now, I Am Looking To Create My Own Nintendo Switch Web Browser, Now I Know It Might Sound Crazy But Bare With Me Here, i am gonna add more features past what the homebrew dns browser has to offer

now when i say volunteer i mean no payment til we making our first sale, we will all split the revenue, so if you are interested in making this project a reality, please let me know

Advertisement

SMARTBOYYYY said:
i am looking for a volunteer app development team

Moved to Hobby Project Classifieds.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Just so you know and don't re-invent the wheel, the Switch has a browser built in.

People have plenty of ways to get around the access restrictions. These include going through WiFi signon pages (since they're web pages) and various exploits for in-game browser views to escape out to public web pages.

Bare With Me Here

You want us to get naked huh… Wrong forum dude.

@undefinedim not re-inventing the wheel im adding on too it, that browser exploit is called the dns browser and its technically a form of homebrew, but im gonna make my browser with the following features:

Video Playback Support

Flash Emu Support

HTML 5 Support

Java Script Support

Ability To Save Book Marks

Headset Microphone And USB Keyboard Support
(like how fortnite and fall guys do on switch)

A Built In VPN

A Built In Dev Tools Menu

A Web Browser Theme Customizer

Built In AD Blocker

Ability To Download Files And FTP Them Over Wifi To Your Mobile Device/PC

see i have the idea just not the skill to put it into action

and this one will be able to be downloaded from the nintendo eshop as well, with ease will people be able to browse the web on their switch

and i planned on charging 4.99 USD to use this browser, and you get all those features that the homebrew dns browser do not offer, and if we brainstorm we could prolly think of more way we could improve the browser

SMARTBOYYYY said:
see i have the idea just not the skill to put it into action

Some perspective: Web browsers are some of the most complex pieces of software that exist in the world, similar in complexity to operating systems and game engines (tens of millions of lines of code). They have been developed over decades by hundreds if not thousands of experts. It's foolish to even attempt such a project as a small developer, even if you had the skills to eventually do it. By the time you finish, the 10th successor to the Switch would be released and all your work would be for nothing. Even if you use an existing open source browser like Chromium as a base you are still looking at years of work to make it into a polished commercial product on the Switch platform, and that is assuming you have professional-level software engineering skills, which it seems you do not.

Unless you have the money to pay at least a few seasoned developers (roughly half million USD per year per person), you're totally out of luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement