Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
๐Ÿ”’ Locked

My first game

Started by RimMaalaoui Jun 25, 2024 at 9:20 PM 3 replies 7.2k views
Original Post
RimMaalaoui
RimMaalaoui

Hello, I'm not a game developer, but today I thought about the possibility of creating a game, but it scares me because I don't have any mathematical knowledge, I can only count using my hands, so I'm very bad at math. But I want to make a game for various personal reasons, is it possible to make a game without coding or knowing any math?

Thank you

None
cfrankb
cfrankb

You can easily make a 2D game without any math knowledge.

You can checkout LGCK Builder
https://cfrankb.com/lgck/

--
LGCK Builder: Free Game Construction Kit:
http://cfrankb.com/lgck
NFSFAN
NFSFAN

@RimMaalaoui

Most certainly! Don't be afraid, as long as you have the desire and perseverance to push thru with the research, trial and error and keep yourself motivated you will make it ๐Ÿ™‚

Like you, I didn't know too much about making a game or even exactly what I wanted to make at first. I started learning Unreal Engine in 2022 with youtube, epic games tutorials, and by trial n error experimentingโ€ฆthis was the path I wanted to take and I knew I wanted to use Unreal Engine for my first video game.

Personally I believe much can be achieved with just willpower, logic and doing your best to make sense of your goals. There are many free resources available depending on the engine you pick, so just pick one after doing an assessment of all the available engines, their offerings, community support and try it out. Maybe start with some available templates and go from there.

Hope this helps, cheers!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.