Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Composer looking for work

Started by RubyDupy Jun 17, 2025 at 1:18 PM 2 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
RubyDupy
RubyDupy

Hello forum,

I've been composing and producing my own songs since I went to high school, and I also released an album three years ago by the name of The Train Station. I'm pretty proud of it's composition, but I didn't know a lot about mastering and production back then.

I've been working on a follow-up, but despite doing some live shows, the creative juices haven't been flowing lately. I feel like I need a sense of direction and a deadline, so I'm “forced” to exercise my creative muscle, so while I'm working on my own music on the side, I would love to collab with game developers and create some game music, either sharing in revenue or commissioned. If you want to know more about me and my style, shoot me an email (stratenrw@gmail.com) or a message on Discord (RubyDupy)!

I am a composer looking for work, so shoot me a message if you wanna know my style!
Calin
Calin

Music is nice but professional music is required in professional games. Beginner programmers don't get that far. Sounds efects is the first thing required in a game on the sound side of work. I mean stuff like building selected, starting unit production, unit taking damage. That could prove as a best way to start for a musician making his first steps in the world of video game audio related content. Sound efects are critical, music isn't.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”
JoeJ
JoeJ

Calin said:
Sound efects are critical, music isn't.

Depends.
But making sound effects and making music has nothing in common anyway,
so there is no need to discuss which of those is ‘critical’ for what.

For this comment you actually deserve listening to Lou Reeds ‘Metal Machine Music’ album ten times in a row!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.