Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

creating a new game looking for ppl "unpaid for now"

Started by Gomory Jul 26 at 9:05 PM 4 replies 650+ views
Original Post
Gomory
Gomory

Welcome to the Empire of Beasts

Hi there, my name is Gomoryy, and welcome to the Empire of Beasts Game!

This topic is centered around a world where crime, corruption, and dangerous experimentation have reshaped society.

The setting takes place in a sprawling city controlled by criminal organizations, powerful syndicates, and competing law enforcement agencies. Illegal laboratories conduct experiments on human subjects, creating drugs capable of granting animal-like abilities and mutations. Some gain incredible powers, while others become something far more dangerous.

For this, the primary inspiration is a third-person hero shooter where law enforcement and criminal factions battle for control of the city. Every character possesses unique abilities, weapons, and an ultimate power inspired by animal mutations, advanced technology, or experimental enhancements.

Main Inspiration

Third-Person Hero Shooter

Cops vs Criminals

Unique Heroes

Animal Powers & Mutations

Team-Based Combat

Ultimate Abilities

Other Genres

these are my ideas but if you have any other that you think than be good i am very open to ideas:

Singleplayer Story-Driven Adventure

Co-op Storytelling Experience

Third-Person Hero Shooter Battle Royale

Third-Person Hero Shooter Extraction Shooter

RPG

(any other idea is welcome)

What I Bring to the Project

Empire of Beasts has been a passion project of mine for years. Much of the lore, characters, factions, creatures, and overall vision already exist even videos.

My background is in 3D art, so I can contribute character modeling, texturing, creature design, concept development, and visual direction. Creating humanoid characters, and bringing the world to life visually

looking for other devs,programmers for:

World Building

Level Design

Programming

Gameplay Systems

Networking

UI/UX Design

Animation

Sound Design

Music Composition

Writing and Narrative Development

I don't claim to know everything. In fact, coding and technical game development are areas where I have a lot to learn. If you have knowledge, experience, or ideas that could help bring Empire of Beasts to life, I would genuinely love to collaborate.

Whether you're a programmer, designer, writer, musician, or simply someone who enjoys building games, any contribution, advice, or guidance is appreciated.

My goal is simple: to turn Empire of Beasts from a collection of characters and stories into a living game world that people can explore together, this is a serious project it means a lot to me, feel free to message and have a nice day!

MidlandEngineering3D
MidlandEngineering3D

Gomory wrote:

Welcome to the Empire of Beasts

Hi there, my name is Gomoryy, and welcome to the Empire of Beasts Game!

This topic is centered around a world where crime, corruption, and dangerous experimentation have reshaped society.

The setting takes place in a sprawling city controlled by criminal organizations, powerful syndicates, and competing law enforcement agencies. Illegal laboratories conduct experiments on human subjects, creating drugs capable of granting animal-like abilities and mutations. So...

Hi!
My name is Fabian, and I'm currently learning Blender. I'd love to help out by creating props or other 3D assets for your project. I'm looking to gain experience and build my portfolio rather than make money. You can check out some of my work here: https://www.youtube.com/@Midland3D
Let me know if there's anything I could help with!


ddlox
ddlox

Hi Gomory,
I'm a hobbyist dev, so I'd only do it in my spare time as have a full-time job already. It sounds like an interesting project,
do you care if your game is created from a new custom game engine (i.e. created in c++|directx|ogl|vulkan, but not completely from scratch, for example we could use existing physics) OR do you insist on using existing game engines (Unreal, etc...)?
My preference would be for a custom one (nothing wrong with existing ones, I just haven't used them much).
Thanks

Gomory
Gomory

ddlox wrote:

Hi Gomory, I'm a hobbyist dev, so I'd only do it in my spare time as have a full-time job already. It sounds like an interesting project, do you care if your game is created from a new custom game engine (i.e. created in c++|directx|ogl|vulkan, but not completely from scratch, for example we could use existing physics) OR do you insist on using existing game engines (Unreal, etc...)? My preference would be for a custom one (nothing wrong with existing ones, I just haven't used them much). Thanks

Hi, thank you for taking the time to respond. I think your question is completely valid.

My preference would be for a custom solution, but I wouldn't mind using existing physics if that works better. If you're still interested, I'd be happy to tell you more about the characters, the lore, and the project as a whole in dms.

Gomory
Gomory

Unity Source Code wrote:

You've clearly put a lot of thought into the world and lore behind the project, and it's great that you're open about what you're looking for. One suggestion would be to narrow the scope for an initial prototype. Rather than trying to build a battle royale, extraction shooter, RPG, and co-op experience, focus on one core gameplay loop that demonstrates what makes Empire of Beasts unique. A polished vertical slice is often much more effective at attracting collaborators than a broad design docume...

that means a lot thank you so much!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.