Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[Research] Looking for Godot 4 developers with recent Windows export experience

Started by ecpm_insights Aug 13 at 3:21 PM 4 replies 400+ views
Original Post
ecpm_insights
ecpm_insights

Hi everyone — I’m researching how Godot developers handle the final Windows release step: exporting a build, launching it, and diagnosing anything that goes wrong.

I’m looking for developers who personally attempted a Godot 4 Windows export within the last 90 days. Successful releases are useful too; I do not only want failure cases.

The session takes about 25 minutes:

Walk through your most recent export attempt

Discuss what you checked and how you troubleshot it

Optionally show a redacted log or user-operated screen walkthrough

React to a clearly labelled early workflow concept

No source code or private project files are required. There is no working product yet; this is research, not a sales pitch.

Short screener: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexAGjGB1_mBk5SRhsqRvVN5y11u1HWpfbAammPQlRMKCV_xQ/viewform

I will only contact people who explicitly opt in.
Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share their experience.

Mike_studiopro
Mike_studiopro

Hi! Thanks for sharing the study. Before I fill out the screener, could you let me know whether there is any compensation for participating in the 25-minute session?

ecpm_insights
ecpm_insights

Hi, thanks for asking. This is an unpaid research session, so there isn’t any compensation for participating. It’s completely voluntary, and I appreciate you checking before filling out the screener.

Matt_dev
Matt_dev

I'm interested in participating. I’ve worked with game development and have experience testing builds and troubleshooting issues during the export/release process

ecpm_insights
ecpm_insights

Thanks for your interest — your experience sounds very relevant to what I’m researching.
Could you please fill out the short screener linked in the post? It helps me confirm recent Godot 4 Windows export experience and the type of participation you’re comfortable with.
Thanks again for taking the time.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.