Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net

SM Engine — Open-source game engine

Started by Mohamed EL-bouanani Saturday at 8:49 PM 0 replies 50+ views
Original Post
Mohamed EL-bouanani
Mohamed EL-bouanani

Hi everyone,

I've been working on an open-source game engine called SM Engine, and I'd like to share it with the GameDev.net community and get some feedback.

SM Engine is a desktop-based 2D/2.5D/3D engine and editor. The goal is to provide an environment where developers can create scenes, work with assets, lighting, physics and other real-time systems directly inside the editor.

Some of the systems I'm currently working on include:

  • 2D and 3D scene editing

  • Real-time rendering

  • Lighting and materials

  • Physics

  • Water

  • Particles

  • Asset management

  • Scene management

  • Integrated editor

  • Project/game preview

The current technology stack includes Electron, JavaScript, Three.js and Ammo.js.

GitHub:
https://github.com/MEDELBOU3/SM-Engine

I'm still actively developing it, so there are unfinished parts and things that need improvement.

I'd be interested in feedback from other developers, especially regarding the editor workflow, rendering, architecture and features that would make the engine more useful.

Thanks for checking it out!

Sign in to reply to this topic.