Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Help

Started by Billy the Programmer Jan 17, 2002 at 3:53 PM 0 replies 700+ views
Original Post
Billy the Programmer
Billy the Programmer
Does anyone know of a good C++ tutorial just for gaming. I want to learn, but I don''t want to learn the stuff that isn''t important to a game. If nothing else I would like to know a good way to start learning.
Drazgal
Drazgal
Well you are probably best learning the language first, stuff that might not seem important for game programming but one day you''ll find it usefull. Try this free online book here http://www.informit.com/content/index.asp?session_id={633A4752-6705-4C7C-9926-FD9AE951A388}&st=14D02CB6-6226-4EB3-8CCA-2992A40814C6&product_id={46BF7D20-01A0-4F05-89C6-73509E77F5B9} as a great primer to the language.

If you know the language and are just after a helping hand for game programming try The Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus by Andre LaMoth, its C, but its easy enough to convert if your familar with both.



Ballistic Programs

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.