Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What API

Started by thekid Feb 19, 2000 at 8:22 AM 4 replies 1k views
Original Post
thekid
thekid
hi this question has probably been asked before but what api should i use for my network programming? I am using directx for the rest of my game but i have heard about other network api''s besides dplay. I want to have support for serial and modem connections NOT internet. Thanx
thekid
thekid
well if the dplay is the way to go then are there any
tutorials (dont say the SDK it sucks in my opinion)

thanks
DarthSpanky
DarthSpanky
There really aren''t many Dplay specific tutorials out there. There is a book called "DirectX Complete" that has a pretty section on Dplay (in comparison to most books that don''t even touch it). Also, if you want some code to look at, try the Genesis3d site (www.genesis3d.com) and download the GDemo1 source and the SDK source. There is a wrapper and some basic networking code that may help you get started. That is the best I have found so far on the net so far for Dplay source.

Good Luck

Void
Void
Try looking here in the directX section.

I have written a DirectPlay tutorial

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.