Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Poll - What Language do you use

Started by BobBaker92 Apr 7, 2002 at 12:25 AM 131 replies 14.1k views
Original Post
BobBaker92
BobBaker92
Hi, I am just curious as to which language you guys are programming your games in. I do not want to start a war against the languages, just a simple reply would be nice, no "why''s" needed. I just want to see the ration of c++ to Delphi users. I use Delphi personally. Please just reply with the language your using, thats all Thanks. Oh, also, if your using delphi, please let me know if your using DelphiX thanks. Bobby
Bobby BakerOmega Componentshttp://66.139.78.148/ds/
Martee
Martee
C++, primarily.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
antistuff
antistuff
I prefer just good old c.
MindFlayer
MindFlayer
C/C++/Assembly/Java
Siebharinn
Siebharinn
C++ and Python.

Take care,
Bill
Quantum
Quantum
C++

_______________________________
Speed kills - use Windows!
"Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers."
@
ragonastick
ragonastick
VB is my primary language

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
_DarkWIng_
_DarkWIng_
C++/Delphi & some Java/C#

There are more worlds than the one that you hold in your hand...
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
Johnny Watson
Johnny Watson
I mainly use C++

Although I occasionally use Java, RapidQ, and Delphi.

Really I dont use classes that often, but I just use C++ for the DX interfaces (I like g_pD3DDevice->Present(NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL) better than IDirect3DDevice_Present(g_pD3DDevice,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL)).

Even though I definatley use classes for larger projects.
MindWipe
MindWipe
Swedish

/MindWipe

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
granat
granat
C++
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Maximus
Maximus
C or C++ (or a mix), depending on how I feel at the time of coding (or project beginning if Im going C only).
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
BaShildy
BaShildy
C/C++

So many languages I want to learn but don''t have the time

- Kevin "BaShildy" King
Game Programmer: DigiPen
www.mpogd.com
Kevin "BaShildy" KingGame Programmer: DigiPenwww.mpogd.com
Alimonster
Alimonster
I prefer Delphi [not using DelphiX]. I also use C++/Java.

[edited by - Alimonster on April 7, 2002 8:44:22 AM]
intransigent-seal
intransigent-seal
Delphi.
And I don''t use DelphiX.
I just use the DirectX header conversions from delphi-jedi.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.