Original Post
Shinkage's Insights Into A Realistic RPG Fighting System
Nazrix's Sword Fighting - RPG
OoMMMoO's Some Real Sword Fighting
Dwarfsoft's Flowing Fighting System
Symphonic's Bullet-Time to Sword-Time
I've been doing a lot of brainstorming about the 'real time sword fight' lately.
Three titles I'm using as research material:
Blade Of Darkness (PC)
Die By The Sword (PC)
Bushido Blade 2 (Playstation)
(plan on purchasing Bushido Blade 1 as well)
If you know of any threads on this forum that deal with the subject of sword fighting, could you please add them to this thread?
Okay, let's get started.
Which ingredients are absolutely needed to give the sword fighting game its flavor?
What kind of controls can we use and how?
I think these two questions need to be asked and answered at the same time. If the answer to the first question is "I need to be able to fight with two weapons at the same time", you need to adjust your answer to the second one to ensure that you have the ability to fight with two weapons.
Vice versa, if the answer to the second question is "I want to be able to play the game using just the keyboard" you will have to adjust the answers to the first question to make sure that whatever you want is possible by just using the keyboard.
In the end, we'll end up with just the right control system to give us everything we really need.
[edited by - Silvermyst on May 6, 2002 11:00:14 AM]
