Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Forum search error

Started by Spiff Mar 9, 2000 at 7:01 AM 2 replies 950+ views
Original Post
Spiff
Spiff
I get this error when searching for keywords by date: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error ''80040e14'' Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ''6''. /community/forums/Search.asp, line 56" ============================ Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design "I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
SiCrane
SiCrane
I get errors like that every now and then. If I wait a few hours and try again, they don''t come up again.
Spiff
Spiff
*eeek!* - a few hours? And I pay my internet per minute!
Well, the search function is pretty slow, so I think it''s hard on the webserver.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Nexis
Nexis
Yeah, I get that message all the time. It''s really annoying. One possible way to get around it that I''ve found is to just make a smaller search like only encompassing a single forum instead of all of them.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.