Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What, in your oppinion, is the best PS1 game available in the US?

Started by PnP Bios Aug 18, 2004 at 4:51 PM 43 replies 5.2k views
Original Post
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
I'm looking to expand my collection. Right now I have legend of leigia, Dark forces, driver 1, Jet Moto 2, thps 2, and like one or two more. I am looking to get something of the twisted metal series. Any other recomendations? I remeber there being some sort of scifi flight sim that came out right away... Trying to avoid FF series. I simply don't have the patience or attention span for multi disk games.
Etnu
Etnu
Final Fantasy Tactics.
---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.
Bossk
Bossk
Quote:
Original post by Etnu
Final Fantasy Tactics.

Word.
Samith
Samith
Crash Bandicoot and Red Alert: Retaliation were pretty good, I thought.
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
I played ff tactics at my friends house. Lets put it this way, I have a low attention span when it comes to games. Not the story, but the controls. I love tactical rpgs, but having to pick your direction?

Did they release a front mission game in the US?
Salsa
Salsa
God, there's so many. PSX was the greatest system, ever.

R-Type, Street Fighter Alpha, Resident Evil, Twisted Metal 2, Xenogears, Tekken 2, Soul Blade, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Metal Gear Solid, Front Mission 3..
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
Quote:
Original post by Salsa
God, there's so many. PSX was the greatest system, ever.

R-Type, Street Fighter Alpha, Resident Evil, Twisted Metal 2, Xenogears, Tekken 2, Soul Blade, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Metal Gear Solid, Front Mission 3..


Front mission 3, is that a hard one to get?
Daaark
Daaark
Final Fantasy 7,8,9

Gran Turismo 2 (Awesome game, I was hooked for months. You can get lost in this with so many cars and races to participlate in.)

Resident Evil 1,2,3

Final Doom. :)

Silent Hill

Fear Effect 1,2

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1,2 and 3 (I think 4 is there too, but I bought it on XBox and left ps1 behind, so dunno, but these games are amazing.)

WWF Smackdown 2: Know your Role

The Legend of Dragoon

Quote:
I am looking to get something of the twisted metal series.


Vigilante 8 and Vigilante 8 2
Daaark
Daaark
Quote:
Original post by PnP BiosDid they release a front mission game in the US?


3 and 4
simpo
simpo
The Quake 2 port was really good, amazingly good fun if you have a multitap!
KevinG
KevinG
Xenogears. If they only improved that second disk, though...

:(

Also, magic was almost useless. But besides that it was a GREAT game.
I cant think of a decent signature right now...try back later...MUCH later.
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
thankyou thankyou thankyou.

thanks for all the advice. Time to boot up ebay. Keep em comming!
Promit
Promit
I'd definitely vote for Metal Gear Solid, as well as Final Fantasy 7 and 9.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Olrich
Olrich
All the stuff mentioned already is great stuff, but for a more obscure game I highly recommend silent bomber.

This game was severly underrated, The single player is fun and it also has fun multiplayer mode.
Etnu
Etnu
Suikoden & Suikoden II.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.
Cibressus
Cibressus
dance dance revelution.
Drewish
Drewish
Metal Gear Solid has got to be one of my favorite games ever. If you have a Gamecube it's been remade for that as well.
KevinG
KevinG
Quote:
Original post by Etnu
Suikoden & Suikoden II.


I liked the first one alot, but the second one left a bad taste in my mouth. With all of the improvements that Suikoden II had, it still came out worse IMHO.
I cant think of a decent signature right now...try back later...MUCH later.
Etnu
Etnu
Yeah, II wasn't as good.

III was really, really awesome, but I somehow lost my copy (I never finished it) when moving out to AZ (it's for ps2).
---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.