China bans under 18 from PKing

Started by
38 comments, last by Richy2k 18 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by zealotgi
Chinese authorities? WTF are they going to do? If Chinese players are playing on a US server, they can't do anything.

You wish. Chinese authorities invest a lot of resources to control and monitor the internet contents available to the average Chinese citizen, governmental internet censorship is common practice.

Quote:Original post by zealotgi
If I was a pro game dev, I wouldn't put up with this!

Right. And you'd get a visit from a few "men in black suits" shortly after. China is not the US or the EU.

About the ban, well, each country and society has their own values. Hot coffee anyone ?
Advertisement
Come on, this is not very hot in China. At least I didn't notice much of heat. It isn't hot in the West either. Are you saying that the Chinese G-men are going to get involved with this? No. NO! Why would they? They have absolutely nothing to gain, and everything to lose!
LOL! GO CHINA!
a pity, china was becoming another korea for mmorpgs
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
As an Indian, I'm delighted to hear that Communist China is starting to fuck itself over. I always figured the World's Largest Democracy had an advantage over them somehow...
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Original post by Yann L
[...]About the ban, well, each country and society has their own values. Hot coffee anyone ?
Can you explain how 'rating organization increased the suggested age requirement for a game by a single year for hidden sexual content' is comparable to 'government banned competitive play in many genres for those under 18 years old'?
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
Quote:Original post by Yann L
[...]About the ban, well, each country and society has their own values. Hot coffee anyone ?
Can you explain how 'rating organization increased the suggested age requirement for a game by a single year for hidden sexual content' is comparable to 'government banned competitive play in many genres for those under 18 years old'?

Rockstar had no idea what they were about to get themselves into...

FREE PUBLICITY!!!
---------------------------------The Shadow Sun - Want Your Writing Exposed?
Quote:Original post by Extrarius

They are comparable because they are about moral standard in different countries. Why is, for example, drinking a beer such big issues that people in the US can be arrested for drinking or buying or even transporting it, if they are under 21?
Or why is some simulated sex in a game (which isn't even in the game, it's on the CD) such a big issue that people under 18 can't view it?
I personally do not aprove what China did, nor do I aprove interdicting pr0n and alcohol to minors, but I think violence is worse than sex and pr0n.
And let's not forget that someone died in China because of some PK issues (stollen items).
China, great country. HAHA, yeah freaking right. 1.3 billion people putting up with bullcrap. They must like it, otherwise they would have gotten rid of the government if they had the guts.
There are some things so stupid that only an intellect could believe them.
Quote:Original post by Raduprv
Yeah, and people under 21 in the US are not allowed to drink a beer or a glass of wine. How is that better?

I don't think that analogy is valid. If you play some Super Mario 64 for four hours straight and then get behind the wheel of a car, your reaction time is not going to be impaired. Compare this with drinking for four hours and then getting behind the wheel of car, where you will almost certainly endanger yourself, to say nothing of the hundreds of other people you will encounter on a road.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement