Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Is TA down?

Started by Moe May 17, 2001 at 5:09 PM 32 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
Moe
Moe
I haven''t been able to get on Tiberian Adventure. Is it down or something? Is pouya getting ready for TA2?
Kazan
Kazan
I think so, J2xC just ICQ''ed me and asked the same question. I don''t know why it''s down though, hopefully it''ll be back up soon. J2xC mentioned that Pouya has been messing around with Loonix lately so maybe that''s why TA is down.
Moe
Moe
Ok, that is good to know.
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
quote:
Original post by pouya

hmm, that AP sounds very familiar....

kylix is too expensive, I don''t have money

and I got some problems with windows so forget about it for now.

yes, I''m all the time in linux now. mostly because windows doesn''t even boot (I "accidentally" deleted the kernel)

and I''ve already started programming TA2, me and jonnyfish are converting Omega to be multiplatform so that we can run it on both windows and linux. so we''ll have a very elementary version of TA2 sometime soon.


Babelize everything


the infinite prop implementation bug made you change idea?



-------------------------------
MOTHERSHIP!!! hahaha! very funny! now take me outta here!!!!!
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
jonnyfish
jonnyfish
quote:
Original post by pouya

...

the idea changed for 2 reasons:

...




There''s also a third reason: 31337ness. Or was that superiority? Or a stable development environment? Damn j00, Loonix, there are too many reasons to use j00!


sEntiEnt
sEntiEnt
You know just when I was gonna set up wine to I could play the TA this is announced.. w007n355

"nes8bit told me something something (I don''t know if he wants you guys to know) so now I decided to make TA2"

Ne8bit is gonna use linux then eh? MUHAAAAAAAAAhaaaaaa

commie! :p come join all us ''cool'' loonix people its better than AOL lol

resist [BANNERS]
sEntiEnt
sEntiEnt
You know just when I was gonna set up wine to I could play the TA this is announced.. w007n355

"nes8bit told me something something (I don''t know if he wants you guys to know) so now I decided to make TA2"

Ne8bit is gonna use linux then eh? MUHAAAAAAAAAhaaaaaa

commie! :p come join all us ''cool'' loonix people its better than AOL lol

if this is a double post I blame my isp

resist [BANNERS]
SHilbert
SHilbert
quote:
Original post by sEntiEnt
Ne8bit is gonna use linux then eh? MUHAAAAAAAAAhaaaaaa

Never. You must have misheard or misinterpreted something.


Gaah!
jonnyfish
jonnyfish
True dat (werd). There''s something very impure about nes using Linux.

Moe
Moe
Yeah, he couldn''t use VB.
nes8bit
nes8bit
quote:
Original post by sEntiEnt
Nes8bit is gonna use linux then eh? MUHAAAAAAAAAhaaaaaa


NEVER!


---------------------------------------------
My useless posts have been viewed gotta view images to view the couter times

Edited by - nes8bit on May 19, 2001 5:37:07 AM
DarkMage139
DarkMage139
quote:
Original post by pouya

hmm, this time I''m not programming any mud stuff into it, so maybe I shouldn''t call it TA2

instead, I''ll use the name GDT4: Tiberian Ressurection

how do you like that?

Babelize everything


But we never even had GDTalker III...

- DarkMage139 (Neokatana Software)

"The best way to repay a favor is not too... pass it on instead." - Baan''Dar, Daggerfall
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives" - Braveheart
DarkMage139
The Alchemist
The Alchemist
quote:
Original post by DarkMage139
But we never even had GDTalker III...

- DarkMage139 (Neokatana Software)

"The best way to repay a favor is not too... pass it on instead." - Baan''Dar, Daggerfall
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives" - Braveheart



like we had adventure in TA....



-------------------------------
MOTHERSHIP!!! hahaha! very funny! now take me outta here!!!!!
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"
jonnyfish
jonnyfish

[jonnyfish@142.166.205.138 $] .trout
ta2sh: .trout: command not found
[jonnyfish@142.166.205.138 $] /trout
ta2sh: /trout: No such file or directory
[jonnyfish@142.166.205.138 $] ./trout
jonnyfish smacks himself with a large, frozen, North Atlantic cod
[jonnyfish@142.166.205.138 $] ./wtf


SHilbert
SHilbert
quote:
Original post by DarkMage139

But we never even had GDTalker III...
*I* did. I just never got to host it and make it public.


Gaah!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.