Original Post
Hello everyone,
I just read the article "Meshless Deformations Based on Shape Matching" by Matthias Mueller et al.
http://www.beosil.co...tions_SIG05.pdf
It describes a unconditionally stable 3d soft body implementation that drags the particles defining the body surface towards their rest positions on a rigid shape. The angle and position of this virtual rigid body is defined by the position of the particles. Unfortunately the method used to find the angle is described very briefly, and I'm having trouble understanding how it works.
I'm hoping that someone here may find the time to provide an explanation in terms of classical mechanincs, ie. force vectors, torque, mass, moment of inertia ect. I'll be implementing this in 2d only, which should simplify things a bit.
Cheers,
Mike
I just read the article "Meshless Deformations Based on Shape Matching" by Matthias Mueller et al.
http://www.beosil.co...tions_SIG05.pdf
It describes a unconditionally stable 3d soft body implementation that drags the particles defining the body surface towards their rest positions on a rigid shape. The angle and position of this virtual rigid body is defined by the position of the particles. Unfortunately the method used to find the angle is described very briefly, and I'm having trouble understanding how it works.
I'm hoping that someone here may find the time to provide an explanation in terms of classical mechanincs, ie. force vectors, torque, mass, moment of inertia ect. I'll be implementing this in 2d only, which should simplify things a bit.
Cheers,
Mike

