Is it possible to post images as links in a GameDev Blog?

Started by
1 comment, last by A4L 5 years, 5 months ago

Hi there....

• I can make links on my GameDev.net Blogs...
  • I can insert an image into the blog using a offsite URL

BUT...Is there a way to insert an image but have it as a clickable link? So you see the image and if you click on it, it loads a link.

Solution

Worked it out.. pasting directly into the post body was the trick...

• Paste your image URL directly into the post body.
  • There is a small popup, click the X to dismiss.
  • Double click on the image.

This has now loaded a new window, different from the manual insert image window, that allows you to set URLs for linking.

(thanks to : fleabay)

: GameDev.Net Blog: Open Blog; Read Blog : My uTube Chans : TragicTableTopTragicDeskTop
Advertisement
15 minutes ago, fleabay said:

You should get the option under the input box after posting an image link...

"Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead"

I'm sorry I can not find that... All I see is a LINK icon near the quotes that only takes text and a button at the bottom of the post box "insert other media" and it only has two options.. neither of which is "display as link"... can you please try explaining again for me?

- EDIT - Oh if I paste the image url directly into the edit window this comes up... but clicking it sets it to a text url link instead of seeing the image.

Solution

To be clear I want to see the image.. but when they click on it I want them to load a Link... (edited OP for clarity)

Worked it out.. pasting directly into the post body was the trick...

• Paste your image URL directly into the post body.
  • There is a small popup, click the X to dismiss.
  • Double click on the image.

This has now loaded a new window, different from the manual insert image window, that allows you to set URLs for linking.

: GameDev.Net Blog: Open Blog; Read Blog : My uTube Chans : TragicTableTopTragicDeskTop

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement