A little help to finish my story?

Started by
12 comments, last by In0v4 4 years, 9 months ago
52 minutes ago, In0v4 said:

Oh, of course. If she helps uncover the plot against the empire (so find the boss), stealing of the data will be forgiven.

I like it when things are logical to some degree. If I were the empire and was willing to release a rebel prisoner on the promise they would double-cross their own side, I'd have some insurance. You mentioned a research station so it sounds like a sci-fi setting; have her implanted with an explosive device. The empire would send you and another member to accompany her. He seems a little trigger happy though and has the detonator and either they stop this plot against the empire or she dies. Either way, he's good with it.

The next thing is to have the rebel thief observe something that makes her want to abandon the rebel cause. Maybe the courier has some proof of orders for him to kill her in order to cover the rebels tracks. She was merely fodder in the war. Upon this realization, she knows she has no future with the rebels, but her only chance of survival is to complete her deal even though she hates the empire.

That might give you just enough content to extend whatever gameplay you had imagined. I think a situation might arise where your comrade is a little too merciless towards her and your character takes exception to that and starts to see her as less the enemy and more of a human being.

So you have an empire comrade and the implant to deal with to extend your story a bit.

Advertisement

I was just thinking about it again and thought that if the rebels were not as ruthless as to kill their own, the courier could notice the empire guys and call in that their own thief had switched sides. That way, the rebels would be actively gunning for her and your character. That way, maybe she hasn't completely abandoned the ideals of the rebels and there is that conflict still within her.

I do like Blue's idea of posing as the courier to continue to infiltrate the rebels.

Anyway, hope you have enough to go on now. Good luck!

On 8/4/2019 at 10:02 PM, Guy Fleegman said:

I like it when things are logical to some degree. If I were the empire and was willing to release a rebel prisoner on the promise they would double-cross their own side, I'd have some insurance. You mentioned a research station so it sounds like a sci-fi setting; have her implanted with an explosive device. The empire would send you and another member to accompany her. He seems a little trigger happy though and has the detonator and either they stop this plot against the empire or she dies. Either way, he's good with it.

The next thing is to have the rebel thief observe something that makes her want to abandon the rebel cause. Maybe the courier has some proof of orders for him to kill her in order to cover the rebels tracks. She was merely fodder in the war. Upon this realization, she knows she has no future with the rebels, but her only chance of survival is to complete her deal even though she hates the empire.

That might give you just enough content to extend whatever gameplay you had imagined. I think a situation might arise where your comrade is a little too merciless towards her and your character takes exception to that and starts to see her as less the enemy and more of a human being.

So you have an empire comrade and the implant to deal with to extend your story a bit.

Thank you, I appreciate the help :)

On 8/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, BlueFlute said:

Hey In0v4!

I just saw your post and would like to share a finishing storyline:

Thief Drops off Data:

At the drop off location, she is a bit hesitant with following through because she too feels the romantic connection that is forming between herself and the player. She is fighting within herself whether or not her ways are as justifying as she was taught. With one foot ready to stab you in the back and the other foot pondering on her beliefs. She messes up a code phrase alerting the courier. With quick thinking, the courier takes the the thief captive to question whether or not she has been compromised. The courier is known for dealing with moles/rats. So things escalate quickly!

The player has been viewing the whole situation and starts to tail the courier as he takes the thief to rebel sight for questioning. Now the player has to find a way to save the thief because she is now frightened to the point where the whole mission will be a loss. 

Things start getting grim as the thief starts breaking down. With no choice the player decides to take action. He takes the courier out against orders and saves the thief with the data back in his lap. With touching dialogue and more romantic connections. She starts feeling bad for the player because he compromised his mission to save her. She then gives him the idea of taking the place of the courier. With lots of consideration the player finally builds up the courage to take the place of the courier; while the thief decides to help him and see how things play out, as she hasn't fully left her rebellious stance towards the empire.

(If you like what I came up with so far and would like more added let me know)

Hope this helps! 

~Ryan

Thanks a lot for the ideas :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement