screenplay in games

Started by
5 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 3 months ago

hi guys

i don't know if i am in the right place

but i have a question about the screenplay in games.

how someone can write a screenplay for a game???

how an idea can be imprinted on paper???

None

Advertisement

What kind of game?, do you mean something exclusively intended for viewing, or is it, as games are, interactive? In which way is it interactive etc.

thanks for your answer,

for rpg game….

None

vense97 said:

thanks for your answer,

for rpg game….

Great, and how is the interaction in this RPG game you have in mind?

And could you clarify your questions a bit - someone writes screenplays the way they do it - perhaps it's better to ask in the “Writing for games” section. As for how you can imprint an idea on paper, I'm not sure I get it. We convey ideas and discuss them right here? Paper isn't different in that regard - you write the idea down. But you probably had something specific in mind.

Thank you very much my friend for your help…. i ask in the “Writing for games” section…i am new here and i dont know so well the forum

None

vense97 said:
how someone can write a screenplay for a game???

Others have asked this before. Please read the replies they got here in the Writing forum. We don't call game dialogue scripts “screenplays” in the game industry. The main thing is to remember that game scripts are interactive - players/users can interact with non-player characters, so game scripts are not necessarily linear. A screenplay is not interactive (the audience of a movie cannot interact with, and thus alter, the narrative in a movie).

vense97 said:
how an idea can be imprinted on paper???

You are asking “what's the format for a game concept”? There is no one official format. You are free to describe concept in a variety of ways.

https://sloperama.com/advice/lesson13.htm​ describes how to write game concepts, and talks about the difference between a short concept and a treatment and a GDD (game design document).

https://sloperama.com/advice/specs.html​ describes one workable outline for a full GDD. And there are links to some example GDDs and concept docs at the bottom.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement