Semi-experienced devs looking for all kinds of people!

Started by
5 comments, last by Rafunzel 1 year, 1 month ago

Hey!
Before we start here I'd like to very briefly tell you a bit about myself:
I'm a digital artist and graphic designer that has worked with major companies such as ESL and Alliance (I mostly do e-sport related work), and I've studied design for a year, but mostly I'm self taught.
You can see some of my work at my website: wilgotwall.com
--
Three years ago me and my buddy created Polyskull and we had an ambition to create a game, more specifically a metroidvania (hah, who could've guessed, right?) that was inspired by dark fantasy.
We worked on it for around a year and got A LOT done in terms of gameplay systems, concept art, lore, story, animations etc etc. I've attached some concept art and whatnot (Only a little tiny bit of what we had).
We did however never finish the project due to personal reasons that have now been resolved, and we're now ready to start again but on a new title that's a bit smaller and way more do-able.
When it comes to graphics and art, I can do that, I'm actually willing to do everything and use this as a learning experience for things I'm not that comfortable with (yet!)
When it comes to story and writing, my buddy here is amazing at that, and he's an incredibly(!!) hard worker, having pumped out more than 500 pages of story for our previous title.

What we can't do and what we're looking for:
Code. We can't code, and we don't know how it works very well, so we need someone that can do that for us.
Audio. We'll need someone that creates sound effects, and possibly even music.
Other artists! Even though I said I'm willing to try my hand at everything, I'm only one guy and art is such a broad subject/topic and I most likely won't be able to produce quality material in every category. A 3d artist would be really, really nice.

I'm willing to talk more about the project in DMs, but it's basically Battlerite but with a knockout system similar to Smash games.

Thank you for reading, and I'm sure this was a mess; I'm very tired now that I'm typing this out haha.

None

Advertisement

I like the art.

I've been a software developer for the past 11 years and would quite like to have some experience in game development, as that was what I got my qualification in.

Back in college I created a number of games using the MonoGame framework (formerly XNA), and Unity (though I much prefer the former).

I am, perhaps a little but rusty - but I am happy to lend a hand.

Sound designer and music composer here! Mainly done work for linear media (short film, TV etc) looking to branch out into the game world. I have a degree in film music composition and have done sound design for a couple of games before with someone else handling the implementation, but I'm also self teaching unreal blueprint and wwise for implementing audio into games, so if you do need a hand, give me a shout I'd be happy to dig my teeth into a new project!

Hi, 3D-artist here!
I have a degree in 3D Game Graphics and 2 years of fulltime work experience with 3D-art for games. I also have a small portfolio on my profile here if you want to take a look.
Really love the concept art in the post and would love to help out if you need any 3D art!

None

Hey. I am pretty excited of your idea.

I do C++ and Computer Graphics programming, mostly custom game engines and also any kind of game logic.

Please send me a message at Discord to dmmon01#2673.

Thank you.

Hello, a learning sound designer/composer here! Awesome art! I have been composing music for a long time, but I recently transitioned to creating sound design and I would really love to dive deep into the process of creating a game with you guys! I would love to talk a little bit more and show you some of my works, let me know if you're interested!

Cheers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement