Clevrer is looking for dedicated talent!

Started by
24 comments, last by Tom Sloper 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Clevrer said:

I should add, I also feel deeply that one has to be optimistic when facing a challenge like this. I could sit here and think of a million reasons why this will never happen and most of them could drive me into anxiety enough that I never lift a finger to try. I am just not that type of person though. We are an innovative and clever species, often it is simply determination and hard work that gets us where we want to go.

This much I can relate too. Just don't bet the house.

Advertisement

@Clevrer I hear a lot of text but little action, we go in circles: crowdfunding is not a resource, but a collection of money on platforms: IndieGoGo.com or Kickstarter.com see on youtube too : “Fundraising” named this

@Clevrer my emeil : alicewolfraider@gmail.com​ : I see all this reply to this topic in my emeil

I will repeat once again the thesis that no company is needed for game development: for what?! you can hire any outsourcer or freelancer for money

Alice Corp Ltd

it makes no sense to assemble development teams when it is easier and more profitable

to assemble fundraiser teams

Alice Corp Ltd

alice wolfraider said:
I hear a lot of text but little action, we go in circles: crowdfunding is not a resource, but a collection of money on platforms

I hope you don't mean to be condescending but that's how this comes off. I know what a crowdfund is, I'm 46 years old. I don't know what you don't understand about my reply specifically related to how I am approaching the crowdfund. And while you say “little action” we are working on models and concept art, my writers are fleshing out lore, character studies, and drama. My sound guys are building a score and working on effects. And the one programmer I have picked up so far is making a road map for his end of the project. Have I posted my crowdfunds yet? No, and I spelled out why. Did I admit to being hesitant and uncertain exactly as to when I should post that crowdfund, yes. I appreciate the comments, but this isn't even productive or useful. Why not respond to those specific thoughts based on your concerns as I am trying to answer your questions?

alice wolfraider said:
it makes no sense to assemble development teams when it is easier and more profitable to assemble fundraiser teams

To you, it makes no sense. To me, I find it hard to believe anyone will sink money into a long project like this without some assurance that my project is even worth investing in.

It has been 14 years since I was in the industry, and one thing has become clear after multiple discussions across a variety of platforms since posting this recruitment ad. The general perspective of the indie scene seems to have shifted. When I took my first indie job, we had no problem assembling a large team and we stuck together doing remote work for years. And I am happy to have learned this lesson nice and early.

I have spoken to my team and we have agreed to shift our focus into making the demo as a standalone 1v1 2v2 3v3 game that we can build up in order to port that code into the larger game. So I will be rewriting my posts today to reflect exactly that.

None

Thread locked at OP's request.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement