The Future of Games

Started by
35 comments, last by Senses777 22 years, 3 months ago
quote:originally posted by senses69
I love hiking, and a hiking simulation would never be the same, no matter how real

look, all information you get, it''s interprated by your brains. If you can simulate every single shit of message your body sends to your brain, you can see no difference from reality. Just like in the Matrix.
"the sad thing about promit's sig is that it lacks intelligence, therefore artifice" - Jello di Caca"There is no flag that is large enough to hide the shame of americaca" -System of a Jello
Advertisement
Thats not the point. Because I would know it wasn't real, it wouldn't effect me in the same way. And humans arn't just brains, flesh, bone and blood you know. (Edit: forgot to put .sen) .sen

Edited by - Senses777 on February 5, 2002 6:03:23 PM
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
You''ve got a point - we''re forever connected to the Holy Cookie.
I dont know about any Holy Cookie, and dont enlighten me I think I''d rathe be ignorant on this one. Anyways, dont you guys think games can be bad sometimes? http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m5072/6_23/70779931/p1/article.jhtml?term=Everquest+death -- thats an extreme case tho, and its not common at all. What is common is just being "regular" addicted to a game (anything more than 35 hours a week on a game means your probably at least slightly addicted). What do you think? .sen
I think that people will eventually stop playing and return to life. People need to eat, and if your body dies, you die, and thus you cant play games.

I dunno... havn''t you ever not done something (like eat, go to the bathroom, or increase your general hygeine level) just because you wanted to keep playing a game? or... am I a freak? .sen
When I first played Final Fantasy VI, I got through a weekend on some toast and a Pizza Pop Time just vanishes when you''re in the groove. I think I logged 32 hours on my two-day rental. But that was extreme for me.

On the other hand, a friend of a friend played FF VI for 2 straight months. Didn''t even turn off the game; just paused it when he had to sleep/pee. A friend came by to tell him he''d been fired; he just said "OK" and kept playing. I''m not sure which I find worse; that he prefered FF VI to gainful employment, or that it took him 2 months to beat it.

Chris Barry (crbarry at mts.net)
My Personal Programming Depot

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

quote:Original post by Senses777
"Lesser Pouya spotted you!"
"Lesser Pouya crap posts you for 3 points of annoyance damage."
"You cleave a Lesser Pouya in twain."
"Lesser Pouya drops a scroll of 1337 w3rdz."
"You have reached level 100!",
"You have 3497 experience points and 2 skill points."
Yes Ronin, and this is now my 101th post now, yay! =)

The fuck??????
pouya, thanks for reminding me! this is now my _128_th post!!! (2^7 for those who dont know). And I almost forgot to check, thanks pouya! Oh, by the way pouya, GJOAFC.
Anyways, longest I have played any game straight is 25 hours (with two bathroom stops and 1 food stop of coarse, so really 24 hours an 45 minutes of playing) and that was on Everquest... those were the days. But more incredable than that was when I racked up 3/4ths of my week on Everquest one week. (120 hours!!). I was way too addicted back then, I have wisen up now and besides that I enjoy programming more. (and I have a job, and a girlfriend, and if I want to keep both they suck up a lot of time =P ). if they came out with something really good and revoluionary that was an online RPG I could see myself putting 20+ hours a week into it tho, but nothing near what I used to play. .sen
quote:Original post by Senses777
pouya, thanks for reminding me! this is now my _128_th post!!! (2^7 for those who dont know). And I almost forgot to check, thanks pouya! Oh, by the way pouya, GJOAFC.

After you bitch

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement