How can Nintendo make comparable graphics to its competetors next gen?

Started by
71 comments, last by RobTheBloke 18 years, 6 months ago
I rarely ever participate in conversations about consoles simply because there's so little logic in most of the arguments people make (and this thread is doing nothing to change my opinion.) Underpowered because it's smaller? Give me a break. A cheaper console means that they're a dying company? Since when? And, my personal favorite:

Quote:I am not sure gameplay creativity is the strong side of nintendo.
I think nintendo has many fans from past days.
How much creative you have to be to make a 1000 mario games?
Nintendo is like the britney spears of video games. Her music sucks, but a lot of people like it. Guess its the same.

This is soooooo far off mark it's not even funny. I'm no Nintendo fanboy (I'm a PC gamer through and through), but I know quality and creativity when I see it. Let's talk about Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Donky Konga, Most of the DS library... Heck, the Nintendo DS itself! What do the other consoles have that even come close to this type of creativity? They'd rather remake Madden games till the end of time.

Anyone who feels Nintendo has one foot in the grave or thinks they lack creativity owes it to themselves to read This Gem of a Blog that was linked to by Penny Arcade a while back. Heck, anyone at all interested in console gaming should read it. This guy knows what he's talking about, and you should take the time to understand what he's trying to say.
// The user formerly known as Tojiro67445, formerly known as Toji [smile]
Advertisement
i very sure nintendo will make a profit
Q/ what has sold the most in japan, sony PSP or nintendo DS?
A/ the DS even though its inferior in all respects to the PSP
though i believe in other countries the PSP will outsell the DS eventually.

basically nintendo like ms + sony are only concerned about one thing + its not u the gamer and thats profits
Quote:Original post by zedzeek
basically nintendo like ms + sony are only concerned about one thing + its not u the gamer and thats profits

That's true, but unlike Microsoft and Sony, Nintendo is only interested in getting their profits through providing fun games*. That's their whole purpose as a company. And these days, it seems that Microsoft and Sony seem more intent in trying to poach each other's markets, which is why I'm more inclined to trust Nintendo's philosophy about games than theirs.

Besides, I don't think Nintendo will be closing shop anytime soon. They've been making games for a lot longer than most people realise (if you ask the average gamer to guess which year Nintendo was founded in, I doubt they'd even get the century right.)

* Oh, and merchandising as well, I guess, such as toys and T.V. shows etc. But at least those are based on fun games! [grin]
Quote:Original post by Hellmaster
Cause what I keep hearing from people is that the Rev.'s small size will make it impossible (at the current moment, anyway) to be as good looking as the other two.

... now read this again a few times. And then tell me how STUPID that remark is ....

OMG. "Nintendo rev is underpowered" , "they are not innovative enough" , "their graphics card won't be able to keep up" .... half of this thread seems to have NO idea about the developments around the Nintendo Revolution apparently....
Cause what I keep hearing from people is that the Rev.'s small size will make it impossible (at the current moment, anyway) to be as good looking as the other two.

Yeah... no room to fit all the vacuum tubes.
All I wanted was some reasonable specs from people, that's all :(.

I don't know how this turned into a Nintendo is teh dooom3d thread. I definitely don't think they'll be going out of business anytime soon, since Nintendo almost ALWAYS makes profits, both on their hardware and software. Hell, they even made more profit than current market leader Sony did, almost double, which is pretty damn good for a 'dying' company. Unless Nintendo does something REALLY idiotic next gen, they'll still be alive and kicking.

As for Nintendo and creativity. I have to admit, that the GC days weren't really their best since most of their first party games failed to match the Godliness of their N64 predecesors. Minus a few exceptions like SSBM and possibly the amazing new Zelda coming out soon. Still, if Ninntendo can go back in their top form, I will surely support them till the end of time.

Now, can we please go back and topic and someone provide specs that seem reasonable on the Rev. that will provide maximum efficiency?
For one .... its kick-ass revolutionary controller (that can do more for the efficiency of the interaction with the system than any cpu or gpu)
Quote:Original post by PGC

... now read this again a few times. And then tell me how STUPID that remark is ....

OMG. "Nintendo rev is underpowered" , "they are not innovative enough" , "their graphics card won't be able to keep up" .... half of this thread seems to have NO idea about the developments around the Nintendo Revolution apparently....

Well, this is why I asked the question. Care to fully explain why those people are wrong?
It took me about 5 seconds to find this: http://www.dvhardware.net/article7256.html
Quote:Original post by PGC

Well, this is why I asked the question. Care to fully explain why those people are wrong?

Power is hardly relevant nowadays ... you hardly will notice the difference between the 'power' of the different consoles anymore. Gaming is about interaction , not about watching pretty pics (those are a bonus, not a pre) .

And come'on ...your remark about it being smal and henceforth not being able to be 'as good looking?' .... how can size determine if something is good looking ???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement